Talk

Advanced search

Tried and tested SW baking??

(9 Posts)
disneydatknee Fri 01-Mar-19 20:37:42

It's my birthday next week and I was going to bring in some baking for my colleagues. One of them is doing slimming world and I don't want her to feel left out so wanted to bake her something slimming world friendly. Pinterest is full of ideas but I don't know which ones are actually palatable?! Does anyone have any tried and tested slimming world baking recipes that don't include weetabix?

OP’s posts: |
Winterfellismyhome Fri 01-Mar-19 20:44:04

I like the brownies on the pinch of nom website

Groovee Fri 01-Mar-19 21:48:30

Weetabix loaf is lovely

ALemonyPea Fri 01-Mar-19 21:50:28

Baked oat muffins? You can add all sorts of spices/fruits to them. I've made lemon and blueberry, peanut butter and banana, carrot cake style with lemon quark topping.

Imperfectsusan Fri 01-Mar-19 22:34:39

Do you remember which weetabix loaf recipe, Groove? There are a few on the SW website.

Itskayleigh96 Fri 01-Mar-19 23:03:09

I would definitely recommend the Pinch of Nom website for cakes/brownies. Yesterday I attempted to make oak cookies from looking online and watching a youtube video. I blitzed oats(hex), added sweetener (works out to x 2 syns), vanilla flavouring and one egg.

Groovee Sat 02-Mar-19 18:39:10

@Imperfectsusan this one

tabulahrasa Sun 03-Mar-19 09:51:42

Weetabix loaf is good, it shouldn’t be, because baking shouldn’t contain weetabix, but it is.

I don’t rate the pinch of nom cakes or brownies I’ve tried tbh... they’re like someone tried really hard to make cakes out of nothing much and they taste like it too.

3 ingredient Nutella brownies are ok, I think because they’re just brownies made from Nutella and are only SW friendly because it’s easy to work out the syns from the Nutella and flour.

Groovee Sun 03-Mar-19 11:00:56

Weetabix loaf always reminds me of clootie dumpling that my mum used to buy from the butchers.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in