Talk

Advanced search

SW help

(10 Posts)
An0therQuestion Tue 26-Feb-19 20:58:53

Hi all

I’m new here and also pretty new to skimming world. I wondered if anyone can help me regarding what I’m eating on slimming world. The first few weeks went well, I lost 2lb a week but then I had a 1/2lb gain due to work commitments (working away for 4 days with set meals etc) and I lost control a bit. The other 3 days I was really good and so I wasn’t too disheartened by the gain. However, the last week I’ve been back on it, felt like I was doing really well but when I weighed myself at home this evening I’ve gained 1/2 lb again. My SW weigh in is tomorrow and now I’m stressing that I’m going the wrong way..

My theory is as my husband has been on nights and I’ve opted for the easy option I’ve had a lot of basic stuff like salad, chicken and veg etc, although I’m filling my plate and I’m not hungry I’m wondering is it cuz im not having a varied diet?

Any ideas on what to do next 🙈

florriepeck Wed 27-Feb-19 11:39:33

Not having a varied diet wouldn't make any difference to weight loss, as long as it's all on plan.
Don't weigh yourself at home, as weekly group weigh in will give a more accurate picture of progress.

Groovee Wed 27-Feb-19 12:32:33

Scales often differ. So I'd wait and see how you go. Hand in a good diary so the consultant is able to see what you are eating and give advice if you do gain.

needthisthread Wed 27-Feb-19 12:36:49

What time do you weight at SW?

I am always 2/3lbs heavier in the evening compared to the morning.

Reccy2018 Wed 27-Feb-19 14:02:53

1. Try to avoid weighing yourself at home
2. Drink lots of water
3. Weigh everything you are syning/counting as healthy extras
4. Count everything that isn't free
5. Free things in moderation (I ate grapes like they were going out of fashion and realised it was slowly my weightloss as they are pretty sugary and I was eating a ridiculous amount of calories)

Good luck!

An0therQuestion Wed 27-Feb-19 22:30:19

Thanks for the reply, I just felt like as I haven’t had any carbs as such all week and just chicken and veg, salad etc that maybe I wasn’t getting all the right stuff that I need.

I get weighed at 7pm in the evening which isn’t ideal as like you say, always heavier then. I purposely don’t eat till after though smile

Thanks for the tips Reccy.. drinking enough water is something I constantly struggle with.. I just never feel thirsty.

I also think my thyroid is playing up again (I’m on meds for it) and that could perhaps contributed to the slow weight loss atm

Reccy2018 Wed 27-Feb-19 22:51:32

Have a big glass of water before each meal. If you have three half pints that way then you've had enough water for the day and it means you don't overeat as you aren't mistaking being thirsty for being hungry, and you also feel fuller before you eat making you take your time and will be mindful about eating.

Make sure you have your healthy extra fibre choices. Go for nuts and dried fruits if you don't fancy bread or cereal. Best of luck!

Groovee Thu 28-Feb-19 04:00:32

I need my carbs. Have noticed a slower weight loss when I don't have them x

Groovee Thu 28-Feb-19 04:00:54

I need my carbs. Have noticed a slower weight loss when I don't have them x

An0therQuestion Fri 01-Mar-19 09:35:42

That’s interesting that u notice it too.. I’m upping my carbs this week then (I say upping, I mean actually having them haha)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »