Talk

Advanced search

Vegan Healthy Extras

(10 Posts)
amysaurus87 Thu 09-Aug-18 11:12:19

So I've rejoined slimming world after having my little boy 4 months ago.

I found out that he has CMPA, and as I'm breastfeeding I've gone totally dairy free. I need some advice on what vegan healthy extras I can have! I drink almond milk but as I'm breastfeeding I can have like 4 healthy extra A choices every day! I can't drink that much almond milk so was looking for cheese ideas really as I looooove cheese!

amysaurus87 Fri 10-Aug-18 16:37:22

Anyone??

SlimmingMumOf1 Fri 10-Aug-18 23:32:56

There isn't any I'm afraid sad

Frankenterfer Mon 13-Aug-18 20:56:34

@amysaurus87 As far as I know, aside from the milks, there are no vegan cheeses that are healthy extras, and no syn free vegan yoghurt either. Very frustrating!

Slimmingsnake Mon 13-Aug-18 21:00:01

Can't you just swap the same quantity /calories/ type for a vegan alternative? I'm vegan and keep toying with the idea of slimming world

SunflowerJo08 Tue 14-Aug-18 11:00:07

Most healthy extras work out at 6 syns for the weighted portion, so I would just look for vegan alternatives that amount to the same syns and weight. It is rubbish that there are no vegan HE's - other of course that nut milk, rice milk etc. Rice milk is nice with porridge. But it isn't suitable for babies and toddlers so you may not feel ok about then breastfeeding.

amysaurus87 Wed 15-Aug-18 04:17:47

Thanks everyone! I've decided to weigh out 6 syns worth of began cheese and call that one of my A choices.

It's ridiculous that there are no vegan A choices other than milk. Also found out none of the HiFi Bars are vegan either as they all contain milk.

northernlass81 Fri 17-Aug-18 09:21:22

@amysaurus87 there is a fab Facebook group called ' CMPA breastfeeding mummies doing Slimming World' that you should join. I'm in the same boat and have lost 1 stone in the last 10 weeks.
There is a new dairy free cheese by Koko 'cheddar alternative' which is a HEa. Also normal oatly and chocolate oatly are both HEa too and the chocolate one is great hot for a surprisingly creamy feeling hot choccie for that little chocolate fix. 2 x alpen lights jaffa flavour are a HEb - no milk in the jaffa one. You definitely need to look things up online. I'm not aware of any syn free yogurts to replace mullerlights yet! Hope this helps x

amysaurus87 Fri 17-Aug-18 11:40:21

@northernlass that's really helpful thanks! I've requested to join. I had no idea that the alpen jaffa bars had no milk! Will have to stock up on them.

bekkimac78 Wed 20-Feb-19 17:03:28

Hey! This is old now, I just want to make sure that you realise the healthy extras are to make sure you get enough calcium in your diet, You need at least 1000 mg a day, I think that might increase if you're breast feeding. So make sure any products you switch with have the same calcium content.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: