Talk

Advanced search

Headaches

(5 Posts)
blacktiger Wed 01-Aug-18 16:24:58

I've rejoined Sw and am half way through week 1. Yesterday and today too (but not as bad) I've had a stinking headache. I think it's a lack of sugar! I do have a sweet tooth and have used syns for a choc buscuit at night. I'm just wondering is this normal? The last time I did Sw was before my wedding and it worked well, but then I had a baby and developed such a sweet tooth - I always used to be a crisp person.
I was very good last night and went to bed rather than going for the chocolate bar in the fridge that I'm sure was calling my name.

OP’s posts: |
Groovee Wed 01-Aug-18 17:10:12

Mine tend to be due to lack of caffeine. I'd try finding some low syn chocolates that may help.

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Thu 02-Aug-18 13:25:53

Could the headaches be caused by dehydration?
You may be having more fibre than you used to, and you need plenty to drink.
My SW Consultant tells us to have three 500ml bottles of water a day, as well as usual teas, etc.

WooYa Thu 02-Aug-18 13:29:52

Probably a sugar crash like you said. Factor in some low-syn chocolate treats to gradually reduce the withdrawal symptoms.

Liskee Thu 02-Aug-18 23:07:02

I'm now on week 12 and 2 stone down, but I remember those week 1 (and 2) headaches and the mega tiredness in weeks 3-6. I do think reducing sugar is something to do with it. Drink plenty of fluids and use your syns for treats. It gets better I promise smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in