Talk

Advanced search

Help! Can anyone offer any guidance on doing slimming world whilst breastfeeding

(7 Posts)
Speechiebaby Sat 30-Jun-18 17:22:05

Hi all! I have done SW before but wanted to know the difference for breast feeding do you get more syns/healthy a and b choices? I'm ravenous all the time at the moment and know I can't just do what I normally do to lose weight as it would effect my milk supply. Any help would be appreciated and some motivation too!!

OP’s posts: |
tuckingfypo Sat 30-Jun-18 22:30:09

From what I've found out online (I'm not a paying member!) you have an extra 4 healthy extras depending on if you're exclusively breastfeeding. It's recommended that most of the healthy extras are HEXA for the calcium.

Superduper13 Wed 04-Jul-18 22:00:00

I’ve started sw 3 weeks ago and am bf my 8month old. the leader gave me a leaflet about bf on sw, which suggests having 2healthy ‘a’ and 2 healthy ‘b’ each day (so 1 more a&b than normal ) and eating max syns per day. It suggests reducing this the less reliant on bf but my leader didn’t have any advice on this.

Superduper13 Wed 04-Jul-18 22:01:42

Sorry just realised pp has included a screenshot of the advice !

Speechiebaby Wed 04-Jul-18 22:18:21

Thank you for explaining it to me though as I was trying to follow it with just one healthy b and was struggling as wasn't eating enough carbs. It's hard though as I'll eat porridge for breakfast to increase milk supply and trying to eat salad and meat/eggs with ryvita for dinner as was eating Warburton toastie loaf and I was so bloated all the time. But eating no ryvita I really struggled but this is what I would have ate before the baby. Dieting and breastfeeding is a whole different ball game! In the past I used to just restrict my calorie intake to the extreme which I know is not good as can't maintain but with the baby I know I can't do that! Hopefully it will be healthier weight loss as a result smile

OP’s posts: |
Rednaxela Wed 04-Jul-18 22:23:58

How old is baby? Please don't restrict your diet if baby is not yet taking in food. Bf is such a short period of time in the grand scheme of things.

Parney Thu 05-Jul-18 20:54:13

Hi as PP have stated, it depends on baby's age/food consumption. I'm feeding my 3 month old and 18 month old and I'd also love some more information or hear experience from others. I was only advised to take extra hexAs for the 3 month old and to gradually reduce these when she turns 6 months and is eating solids. I wasn't advised about the older baby! I have lost 12.5 lb in my first two weeks though! Only 6lb more to go of baby weight, the other stone was there before the babies!!! Being honest, I was afraid it would have an impact on supply so I haven't been weighing milk/cheese. I know weight loss will slow down if I continue this.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in