Talk

Advanced search

SW Motivation for those that have a lot to lose

(273 Posts)
Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 07:55:45

Hello!
Come and join us on this if you have a lot to lose.
I started SW at 24 stone 11lbs and in 14 weeks I have lost 2 stone 5.5lbs.
I am super proud of myself but I have 11 stone 13 pounds to go.
We can do this!
Share what you want..If you need a little bit of motivation or just want to have a good cry.
We are here for you!

SnailMailFan Fri 22-Jun-18 09:47:10

Oh god, here goes...

I started following slimming world at 28st5 on the 9th April. So far ive lost 35lbs and weigh 25st12. Im mortified writing that, like I’ve just stripped naked and run down the street (which I think we can agree, would be bloody disgusting, let alone a miracle), but I’ve done it for added motivation.

I think this thread will be amazing for all of us.

Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 10:03:40

SnailMailFan8
I felt exactly the same writing my weight down when I was debating doing a Blog/Vlog.
Well done on your weightloss you are doing amazingly well! Have you noticed any benefits yet?
I have noticed I don't feel so bloated and sluggish!
I have been recording my weightloss on the SW website too and it's lovely watching my graph drop down and seeing my massive BMI slowly dropping!

SnailMailFan Fri 22-Jun-18 10:24:40

I was so worried about putting my weight down in case someone recognised me from real life. Then I realised that they must know I’m ginormous. Its not exactly something you can hide.

I’m definitely not so sluggish either. I’m not exercising yet, but definitely moving about more, and the house is so tidy! My mum said my skin looked better. I didn’t have spots before so Im not sure what the difference is (or if there is one) but I’m drinking way more water, and eating lots of fruit and veg, so hopefully I’m seeing the benefits.

I can’t wait to start Slimming World properly and have a graph. I have one on MyFitnessPal, which I love, but the more graphs the better!

Have you started a blog/vlog? I’d love to see it if you have. You’re going to be my inspiration from now on, and I hope we get lots of others joining too.

Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 11:27:03

SnailMailFan
I was exactly the same, It's like I was embarrassed to say my weight but like you said everyone knows I am fat so why not be honest about it!.

That sounds brilliant, I am sure she just means you look healthier? (You can't say that without offending that you looked unhealthy but you know what I mean lol!) Maybe brighter skin etc?

Can I ask why you aren't joining a SW group until July? I am just being nosey so tell me to mind my own if you want too haha!

I haven't done either yet, I am leaning more towards a Vlog, I am dyslexic so my spelling, Grammar etc aren't the best so will probably annoy most people, I am not really sure what else to talk about , I am not one for writing down what I have eaten in a day etc.

I am sure we can inspire each other!
I haven't started exercising yet, But I might start next week, I have Osteoarthritis in my ankle from an accident I suffered in 2012 and so walking is painful, But I think I might start going out with my H and DS to walk the dog a few times a week just a gentle stroll to start with.
I have a weekend holiday planned in Centre parcs , In April so I want to be a bit slimmer and more active for that. So at the moment that is my motivation goal.
I am also 30 soon and I don't want to be this fat for all of my 30's, I am hoping to have another baby in a few years too so that's another motivation!

SnailMailFan Fri 22-Jun-18 13:30:29

I’d be interested in a vlog that talked more about how you feel, than what you eat. As far as I can see there's nothing like that out there. I dont know about you but Ive been going through a whole range of emotions since starting, disgust at what I’ve become, pride in my losses, regret for the years I’ve wasted hiding away, loads of other things too.

I’m a lot older and heavier than you, and currently can’t exercise without my knee really really hurting. I hope that when I’ve lost a bit more weight, it will become easier. I really really want to be able to walk short distances, then longer ones. I want to start really soon, but woukd prefer it to be dark!

I do have a reason for not starting until July, its a bit pathetic though! I can’t drive, so my husband wouod have to take me, hes fine to do that, and really supportive etc BUT hes a massive football fan, and missing all the daytime matches is breaking his heart. I can’t make him miss an evening one every week as well, so I thought i’d start on the 16th when the World Cup is over. I told you it was pathetic!

Will losing weight help your osteoarthritis, do you think? I really hope it does.

Having another baby and a trip to centerparcs are wonderful incentives. I wonder how much you can lose by next April? You CAN do this.

SnailMailFan Fri 22-Jun-18 13:31:25

I’ve just checked and theres no match on the 9th July, so I can start SW then!

Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 14:20:32

SnailMailFan
That sounds like a good Vlog, I might try and record one on Monday evening, When My little one is in bed and my DH is out playing darts.

I can totally get the walking, I am hoping with a few more stone gone I will be able to do more walking, I am starting off with just half an hour a day to start with and hope to build it up.
I am sure with some more weight gone you will feel the benefit and your be out walking at night!

Not pathetic at all, It's very nice of you! I have a football mad DH too who's unable to watch the day time games so yes I feel your pain of having them on in the evening, He doesn't even have to just watch England he's watching them all!
Yay to the 9th of July, I am looking forward to hearing about how you found it. I never stay to group as I don't find it benefits me.

Loosing weight will defiantly help with the Ankle problems, I was always told that it would make such a difference if you can loose weight so here I am finally lol!

I am hoping to have another 2.5 stone off between now and Christmas, That would be 5 stone in total, It's a big target but I think it can be achieved! So god knows what I will achieve by March/April when I would will have been going for a year!

Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 14:24:27

I have 25 weigh in dates before Christmas...
1/2 pound a week would be: 12.5 Pounds
1 pound a week would be : 25 Pounds ( 1 stone 11lbs)
2 pounds a week would be: 50 Pounds (3 Stone 8lbs)
3 Pounds a week would be: 75 Pounds ( 5 stone 5lbs)!

Just a little bit of inspiration! What will you lose before Christmas?!

Solina Fri 22-Jun-18 14:24:31

I would like to join you!

I started with 20st 11lb and I hate saying it out loud. Got to lose about 8 stone.

I am on week 2 and lost 6lb in my first week. I am hoping I could get to 16st by Christmas as an interim target but I am not sure how likely that is.

I have started walking more too and its a pretty good excersice as its more gentle! I try and go walk for 30 mins at least once during the weekend and then walk to and from work now during the week.

Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 18:26:58

Solina
Well done on your 6lb that's excellent!
I am sure that would be achievable if you put your mind to it! As per above!
I hope you are recording your exercise for body magic and will gain your bronze, Silver, Gold awards!

SnailMailFan Fri 22-Jun-18 18:39:10

Hi Solina! You can both definitely acheive your targets for Christmas.

I’m going to aim for 2lbs a week, which is surely doable? Im going to try to focus on what I lose, and not to think too much about what I still have left to lose.

What days are everyones weigh ins? Mines a monday and still will be when I start SW.

Solina Fri 22-Jun-18 19:34:05

Thanks @Thegirlwithnousername
I am recording the excercise for body magic. Bronze should be easy enought but not sure of the others yet!

I think 2lb is absolutely doable @SnailMailFan

My weigh ins are on wednesday evenings smile

Thegirlwithnousername Fri 22-Jun-18 20:18:00

My weighing are Thursday evenings.

eeyoredebbie Fri 22-Jun-18 20:18:23

Hi everyone xx I don’t want to tread on toes but I’ve been doing SW for two years and lost 15 stone. I also Vlog on YouTube. If you want to know more than I’m happy to come back 😁

This seems to be more of a support and day to day thread but best of luck, it can be done just never give up xx

SnailMailFan Fri 22-Jun-18 21:01:26

I follow you on youtube Debbie. I haven’t watched that many of your videos yet as Im starting at the beginning.

I can’t talk for everyone but I’d love you to come back and talk to us, and keep us going. You really are amazing and must be so proud of yourself. I felt proud just watching your progress!

Do you feel like a completely different person? Do people treat you differently? Do you have any advice?

Thegirlwithnousername Sat 23-Jun-18 08:22:42

Debbie smile Feel free to pop in as and when you want too smile You are an inspiration to many! It would be great to have you on here smile

eeyoredebbie Sat 23-Jun-18 18:02:43

So I started SW on 7 April 2016. My starting weight was 26st 7½ lb. I have lost 14st 13½lb (gained ½lb on my birthday week grin) and am in the mid 11 stones.

I’ve been overweight all my life and over 20 stone for about 10 years. I’ve tried other diets before but something seems to click with SW. I’ve stuck to the plan 100% most of the time and seen losses, maintains and gains.

I display my certificates in my kitchen, take plenty of photos and my measurements. I tried not to think of how much I need to lose just set little goals like the next stone award, next stone bracket, 50lb lost etc.

I also exercise regularly and drink lots of water alongside the plan. I do lots of cooking and prep work to keep things fresh

I only mention this because it has already been shared on another thread but I have a YouTube channel and Instagram account. Things like that have kept me motivated too and I’ve had a lot of support through it too.

Will try to keep an eye on this thread. You can do it guys, make a promise to yourself never quit and no going back xx

BettyBettyBetty Sat 23-Jun-18 19:02:26

Wow Debbie you look amazing, thanks for the motivation!!

I'm on week 4, lost 8.5lb. Starting weight just under 20 stone.

Solina Sun 24-Jun-18 08:56:44

Debbie that is amaizing!

I went to a party yesterday so had a very much off day which I did plan to happen. I didnt have enough alcohol for a hangover thank god for that! Otherwise today would probably have been hard to stay on plan.

I am hoping I will still have a loss on Wednesday as it was just one day. Even 1lb would be great as that would give me a 1/2 stone award. But if I don't thats fine too and I will have another the week after.

Thegirlwithnousername Sun 24-Jun-18 09:31:43

eeyoredebbie You look amazing! - I also display my certificates on my kitchen cupboards, It really does help me stay on track when I am thinking what snack's to have!.

BettyBettyBetty Well done on your weight loss!

Solina Sometimes an off plan day is needed! That's the bonus of SW as long as you get back on plan asap! Fingers crossed for Wednesday and I hope you achieve your 1lb loss and achieve you 1/2 stone award.

I had a BBQ on Friday night and it was lovely! I was really good and made good choices! - I have been really focused this week to achieve my 1.5 lbs! so I hope it pays off for me!
Having another BBQ tonight but can be good as it's us doing it! - Home made burgers, SW Sausages, Corn on the cob, Rice and Potato's.
I tried the SW burgers from Iceland last week and found them really dry which is a shame as they would have been perfect for a BBQ! I don't mind there Sausages though smile!

SnailMailFan Sun 24-Jun-18 13:00:16

Debbie you look incredible. You must feel amazing. Please don’t answer if I’m being rude, but I’d love to ask about loose skin. I know its going to be an issue, but I wish I knew how bad it’ll be. Sorry if that was rude.

We tried the slimming world burgers and found the same. I’m going go have a go at making my own with extra low fat mince, really finely chopped onion and beaten egg, and maybe worcester sauce? My theory is, it couldnt be any more tasteless than the Iceland ones! I hope you have a lovely BBQ thegirlwithnousername. It all sounds great!

eeyoredebbie Sun 24-Jun-18 13:49:44

Try the SW burgers in a frying Pan, add cheese and low syn BBQ Sauce, I like them like that. Also tried the Aldi 5% fat beefburgers which are 1 sun and they are juicier and more like a patty.

Snail I do have loose skin particularly bingo wings, stomach and thighs. Boobs aren’t great either. But I’m very comfortable in size 14 clothes I’m much healthier, happier and more confident. I’m able to run around after my new puppy and have three times the life now than I had before,. I’d much rather be how I am now than back over 20 stone and that’s my reality xx

eeyoredebbie Sun 24-Jun-18 13:52:09

And a lot of things can be fixed by control pants and the right kind of clothes. My exercise and losing weight at a steady and consistent rate over two years has kept it to a minimum, also drinking water xx

I know a friend of mine who is doing Epsom salt baths and body brushing so have to see how she gets on x

Solina Sun 24-Jun-18 22:54:07

I haven't tried any of the slimming world stuff ever as I have never been into iceland! What are the sausages like? I bough some of sainsburys BGTY sausages the other day and they were vile. I have had them before long time ago and they were nice then so I can only think the recipe has changed. So if the SW ones are nice I could venture into iceland for the very first time.

We tend to make most things ourselves and the burgers sound like they will be nice snail. I would add in some garlic powder and maybe some onion powder too smile I dont think the egg would be necessary if you press the mince enough though!

How was the BBQ Thegirlwithnousername?

I had a pretty good day today! Had a lovely bacon sandwich for breakfast which I had planned in case of a hangover. Missed lunch completely as me and OH were busy until about 4.30 and after we got home he made us a lovely roast dinner sw style. Ended on 6 syns today. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: