Talk

Advanced search

Want to do SW. but can't go to the meetings. Can anyone help ( previous MH regarding food)

(3 Posts)
walkingwithmyeyeswideshut Sun 10-Jun-18 20:25:21

Due to anxiety of it all.
I won't stick to it if I do an online membership.

Just want to know a rough idea of things I can and can't eat as such.

Bit of background and I'll keep short. Used to be much bigger. Depression and anxiety caused me to then feel the only thing I can control is weight.
If ate bad.. Took laxatives.
Calorie counted everything.. Even down to fruit and veg.
Lost loads to a size 8/10 from an 18 clothes looked great.. I didn't looked old and gaunt. And everyone told me so

Had another baby a few months ago.. Feel frumpy at a 14.. Want to get to a 12. But that's all and want to do properly

But need some guidance. Please

OP’s posts: |
MilkyCoffeeAndSkinnySyrup Mon 11-Jun-18 16:56:08

I know this is probably not the answer you're looking for, but I genuinely believe if you just take that first step and walk into a SW group, it will help conquer your anxiety and fears? I currently do an online membership as I am unable to go to group due to time constraints, and it has still helped me stay above board. You just have to be motivated and willing to do it. If you want to lose weight and change your life that badly, you will find a way around it. All the best on whatever path you take!

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Mon 11-Jun-18 17:37:12

Agree with PP: could you reconsider joining a group?
No one will judge you, and others have probably had similar experiences, as emotional and anxiety issues can be linked with weight control difficulties.
Could it be a fresh start for you?
My SW Consultant tells us: Don't look back, because we're not going that way.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in