Talk

Advanced search

Anyone for a fresh start in June

(68 Posts)
Slimtimeagain Tue 29-May-18 10:34:31

Here we go again sad I can never stick to it. But having the support does tend to help. If anyone would like to start in June then please climb aboard. I need to lose approx 2 stone maybe less.

Myusername2015 Tue 29-May-18 10:40:12

Me! Although I need to lose 4-5 stone shock as my baby is 11 months now I can’t put this off any longer. Are you doing classes or by yourself?

Slimtimeagain Tue 29-May-18 10:50:03

Great to have you on board. I was just going to do it myself. I don't have much free time to attend the classes if I want to fit in some exercise too. I'm thinking of starting the couch to 5k app and follow slimming world for eating. I've unexpectedly got the day off today so thinking of doing a meal plan and going shopping.
I'm really struggling at the moment in that I'm addicted to sugar. I can't walk past a pound shop or home bargains without buying loads of chocolate and eating it straight away. I need to somehow kick the habit.

Needmorehands Tue 29-May-18 11:18:18

I'm in. 2 stone left to lose after a 40lb pregnancy gain sad

Cocksandrubbers Tue 29-May-18 11:21:29

I'm in, I need to lose at least 6 stone blush

Slimtimeagain Tue 29-May-18 17:54:13

Great to have you all on board. I've decided to start from tomorrow because enough is enough. So just writing up my meal plan now. Good luck everyone

IheartCaptainHolt Tue 29-May-18 18:51:00

I'd like to join if that's ok?

DS2 was 1 the other week, I've lost 5.5st since he was born, the vast majority of it with SW. I stopped breastfeeding a few weeks ago and my loses stopped, I've set a temporary target at the weight I am now until my hormones settle down but I've still got a stone to lose and I don't want to lose focus abs slip back into old habits while I'm treading water.

I'd like to have this final stone off by September/October but 3 periods in 6 weeks is making it very hard! I've had too many crisps and biscuits this weekend.

Redred2429 Wed 30-May-18 10:23:48

I'm in too starting today batch cocked slimming world friendly meals and froze them up yesterday 4 stone to loose

Tinkalilly Wed 30-May-18 12:36:36

Hi, I'm in too,
Just joined the classes again last week.
I'm only 5ft and would like to loose 2/3 stone. I'm struggling with shopping lists and meal planning.
Can i ask what your daily menu looks like??

LawDegreeBarbie Wed 30-May-18 12:38:41

I have a lot to lose (9-10 stone for optimum weight but my goal is 2 to start with) and I'm currently pregnant so hoping to maintain rather than lose significant amounts as per the midwives instruction. I'm in!

Withershins Wed 30-May-18 12:53:22

I'm in!

My Husband graduates in 8 weeks and i need to look good in a full length gown. Need to lose 3 stone ideally, but i will settle for whatever i can.

Atetoomanyjaffacakes Wed 30-May-18 14:11:00

I am in, I joined in January and lost al ist a stone but I always give up!

I plan to rejoin next week and have about 4 stone to lose altogether. I don't live in the UK though so I find it difficult to get hold of certain things, but I do hope that with summer approaching it will be easier not to want comfort foods all the time!

Youcandothis365 Wed 30-May-18 15:20:23

Hi

Can I join? I'm rejoining group tonight. Subject to what the scales say tonight, I need to loose about 4 stone sad.

I lost nearly 3 stone a couple of years ago, but I've put it all (and more) back on and I'm bigger than I have ever been.

IheartCaptainHolt Wed 30-May-18 18:31:24

An example day for me would be

Breakfast: overnight oats with fruit and quark, egg, ham and veg muffins with meatloaf or grill flat mushrooms with bacon, spinach and poached eggs

Lunch: soup or salad or jacket potato or omelet

Tea: loads of veg with something usually from pinch or nom so chicken kebab, enchilada cake, bbq pulled pork, hunters chicken etc

I snack on veg, fruit, hard boiled eggs and sandwich meat. I try not to eat carbs at every meal but that's just me. I have dark chocolate mostly for syns and a and b choices either with meals or separately

MilkyCoffeeAndSkinnySyrup Wed 30-May-18 21:03:19

YES!! Would love to join. I really need to get my arse in gear

Flamingoesandpeaches Thu 31-May-18 11:27:44

Me please!
I turn 40 in 20 weeks and would really rather be fit at 40 than fat at 40!!
I need to lose 4 stone, I know not possible in that time but I would definitely like to be nearly there on my birthday.
Am thinking of joining slimming world, I just need to find out when and where local class is.
Good luck everyone

choochoo2 Thu 31-May-18 11:49:22

Me too, please!

Starting IVF in a couple of months and would like to lose what I can before then. Started this week but seem to have put on a kilo!? Think I'll have to reread the plan! ;-)

GandalfTheGoat Thu 31-May-18 11:52:37

Me! I've started and stopped 3 times at the classes now. Just can't stick to it.

Lost 3 stone originally and have put 1 back on so 2 stone to lose.

We have some events at the end of July and would love to be close to target by then.

Are you planning on weighing tomorrow and then posting food etc?

Wolfberry Thu 31-May-18 13:33:26

Hi, I'd really like to join this thread.
I re-joined Slimming World on Tuesday 29th - The plan is to go to either a Tuesday night or Thursday morning weigh in.

I have about 2.5 stone to lose.

I had a nice lunch today.
×3 onion ryvita (HB)
× 1 philly light 35g tub 1/2 HA
Smoked Salmon
Lots of cucumber and carrot sticks
2 tbsp of reduced fat hummous (3syns)

I can't stand Quark! Or sweetners

Withershins Thu 31-May-18 17:34:24

I have my voucher from Reveal and I am off to re-join this evening. I plan on paying for the 12 week countdown, I hate to waste money so that keeps me going, and going keeps me honest.

RhinoGirl Thu 31-May-18 22:45:15

I’m definately ready for a fresh start in June!

Wolfberry Fri 01-Jun-18 06:39:29

I had a bad night yesterday.
In all fairnrss i avoided biscuits, ice-cream and chrisps.

But had an extra stuffing ball with my tea.
An dried mango is 4 syns per 25g.

Never mind Rome wasn't built in a day.

Wolfberry Fri 01-Jun-18 06:40:28

Also watch out for tinned fruit in juice.
Nectarines are 2syns per 100g.

Withershins Fri 01-Jun-18 09:02:00

Weighed in at 14st 9.5 blush I paid for a countdown so I need to meal plan and just get on with it. I am going to try to do mostly SP days and keep syns to a minimum for the next 7 weeks for maximum loss (have a dress I would like to get into), and then reassess.

Todays plan.
B: Melon and FF yogurt
L: Mediterranean Vegetable soup (SW) and cooked chicken.
D: Smoked salmon and Mozzarella salad (HEXA).
SYNS: 200ml skimmed milk 3, sugar 1tbsp 3
HEXB: 1 Alpen light bar.

Hope everybody else has a great day 🤞

wirralwonderer Fri 01-Jun-18 11:48:15

I'm in! Hoping to lose just under 2 stone.
Second time round on SW for me, couldn't keep up with classes after work for weigh in etc so doing it alone with previous knowledge and all of your lovely help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: