Talk

Advanced search

Food for school trip

(5 Posts)
Bluesea2017 Sun 15-Apr-18 23:08:53

Hi.

I am going to a school trip (museum in Central London) with my son's class and I am looking for ideas of what to bring with me.
Please give me ideas for easy stuff to make.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Oldowl Mon 16-Apr-18 08:58:48

I have been on two school trips last term.

I take a takeaway plastic tub with salad. I have made scotch eggs with Linda Macartney red onion and rosemary sausages (defrost and squish flat) and mashed up egg in the centre. Cook in the oven with some roasted aubergine, butternut squash, courgette etc.

Another time, I made an omelette full of veg with cajun spices. I ate it cold with loads of salad and it tasted like crustless quiche.

I have avoided bread at all costs.

For dessert, I took overnight oats or a fibre one bar.

Groovee Mon 16-Apr-18 09:41:56

I'd make egg muffins, a speedy salad, yoghurt and speedy fruit salad too. I'd have a bag of popcorn for 2.5 syns for the walkers salty and sweet popcorn.

Bluesea2017 Mon 16-Apr-18 14:32:10

I was hoping for finger food. I will be looking after 30 ten year old kids so not too much time to eat with cutlery haha

OP’s posts: |
Groovee Mon 16-Apr-18 14:36:20

Egg muffins are finger food, full of protein and you could put your speed in it. I have an Omelette maker and make thick ones for DH and he eats them on the move with his fingers.

Carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, pepper strips would all be fine. I take a plastic spoon for my yoghurt on school trips.

My friend is fab at making thin egg wraps that she puts fillings in and has on her school lunches for trips.

At 10 they don't need as much support with their lunches as the 3/4 year olds I work with and we manage to eat our lunch fine.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in