Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian

(9 Posts)
Punta Mon 12-Mar-18 17:58:00

I am going to start Slimming World this week. Would it be easier or more difficult with me being a vegetarian?

latedecember1963 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:29:43

You'll be fine on a vegetarian diet. I use quorn or Cauldron sausages to replace meat and you can have lots of types of beans, tofu, quark etc.
Good luck!

latedecember1963 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:34:28

Just realised that doesn't read well. What I meant was that we use quorn such as minced, pieces, steak strips etc and Cauldron sausages to replace meat.

susiegrapevine Mon 12-Mar-18 21:36:28

Probably be easier being vegi. Lots of the diet is about eating more fruit and veg. Good luck op i am sure you will do fine.

Punta Mon 12-Mar-18 21:43:53

Great thank you! I eat lots of veg. I know I have to cut down on bread. How is the diet for things like chickpeas, lentils etc?

latedecember1963 Mon 12-Mar-18 22:16:55

Chickpeas and lentils are "free" which means you can eat them without having to weigh or measure the quantities.

Groovee Tue 13-Mar-18 06:36:44

My friend has lost 10st being veggie on SW so it's not a problem. Lentil dhal from 2 chubby cubs is gorgeous.

Masonbee Tue 13-Mar-18 07:44:13

I'm veggie, I'm eating a lot more chickpeas- delicious!

Some quorn /linda McCartney / cauldron stuff is syn free and all pulses and tofu are as well.

My only comment would be that the official SW veggie recipes tend to rely on quorn a bit for my personal taste. I often just replace it with some kind of bean or make different recipes and reduce the oil

CuriousHedgehog Tue 13-Mar-18 15:30:37

I'm not vegetarian but eat lots of vegetarian meals. Only issue I have found with my go-to vegitarian meals is that nuts and haloumi you can only have a small amount as a 'healthy extra' (or they are lots of 'syns') and avocado is lots of syns. I find myself substituting these with lentils, chickpeas, tofu and quark though, which are all free.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: