Talk

Advanced search

SP Food Plan Check

(7 Posts)
CuriousHedgehog Mon 12-Feb-18 12:28:09

Right, I'm being super needy. Does this sound okay for my first ever SP day? It feels like a lot when it's written down, and is probably a bit quark heavy but I am paranoid about getting enough calcium!

Breakfast: Crispy Mini Chocolate Weetabix with raspberries and 150ml almond milk (HEB and 15% of my HEA)
Lunch: Tuna, grated carrot and quark sandwich (2nd HEB) with cherry tomatoes and steamed mangetout
Snack: Quark and blueberries with a drizzle of zero calorie butterscotch syrup
Dinner: Moussaka made with quorn mince and lots of vegetables, topped with quark, egg and reduced fat cheddar (rest of my HEA), with a baby spinach and tomato salad
Snack/Syns: Alpen light bar (one or two depending of whether I manage to resist the biscuit tin at work)

What does anyone think? Am I on the right track?

tabulahrasa Tue 13-Feb-18 09:17:19

It looks ok as long as your speed stuff is half or more of your portion... so not quark with a handful of blueberries or a bit of salad with the moussaka.

Personally I’d syn your almond milk and use a full a choice of cheese, because stuff trying to measure out 85% of an A choice....

CuriousHedgehog Tue 13-Feb-18 12:10:15

Thanks tabulahrasa. Yes, I don't think I've got this quite right. For my dinner I was thinking that the veg in the mince part (it was only about 20% quorn) and the aubergine would count towards my half plate of speed, but actually they don't do they? I should have had a smaller portion of moussaka and a mountain of baby spinach spinach.

InfiniteSheldon Tue 13-Feb-18 18:30:26

I think the Speed is prob ok but are your plates 50% protein 50% Speed? And your plan relies on your Healthy Extras rather than them being extras on top of the protein and Speed

CuriousHedgehog Wed 14-Feb-18 13:34:23

Thanks so much for the help.

I understand this a bit better now I think. I should be avoiding syns and healthy extras in my meals because then they are no longer 50/50 S/P.

I think I did a bit better yesterday:
Breakfast: quark and berries (equal amounts)
Lunch: courgette and turkey meatballs in tomato, peppper and butterbean stew
Snack: Pumpkin and oat mini muffins (HEB)
Dinner: chickpea, courgette and carrot 'bhajis', lentil, tomato and aubergine dhal, okra
Before bed: weetabix and whole milk (HEA and B)

I was going to have wholemeal pita bread and haloumi as part of dinner as healthy extras but I swapped this for the weetabix and milk before bed.

I didn't have any syns, as I didn't want anything else having used my healthy extras as snacks.

One more question if anyone can help: Does SP mean you can have two HEBs or you should have two HEBs?

OuchLegoHurts Fri 16-Feb-18 09:33:07

You should have two HEBs, as with the extra protein and lack of carbs you can get constipated and bloated.

InfiniteSheldon Fri 16-Feb-18 15:14:51

In the book it says can have I've never been told you should have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now