Talk

Advanced search

Sun free/ low syn snacks

(12 Posts)
Owletterocks Thu 25-Jan-18 16:01:00

Does anyone have any suggestions on these? I get home from work around now and I am starving! I am boiling an egg for some protein to take the edge off but it’s taking all my willpower to stop myself raiding the cupboards! Any ideas greatly welcome

OP’s posts: |
fromtheshires Thu 25-Jan-18 17:24:00

Fruit is the answer, sweet and free

IheartCaptainHolt Thu 25-Jan-18 19:01:48

I always have a few hard s boiled eggs and some lean sandwich meat in the fridge so I can grab them as soon as I feel hungry.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Thu 25-Jan-18 19:14:48

I like babybel lights with a chopped apple or grapes.

Groovee Fri 26-Jan-18 09:12:14

Wafer thin turkey works for me x

NotARegularMum Fri 26-Jan-18 16:58:14

If you have a Aldi near you, they do Sushi. The new chicken and duck one is only 1 syn and you get around 7 pieces. Much more filling than a digestive thin for example at 1.5 syns which I used to have.

Owletterocks Sat 27-Jan-18 13:50:01

Thanks for the suggestions! Sushi is a great idea. I just don’t think fruit will cut it because I am so hungry. doing something right though because I have lost 2 and a half this week

OP’s posts: |
Oldowl Sat 27-Jan-18 14:02:49

I make overnight oats layered with:

quark, oats, a chopped banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, quark and more oats.

I eat half for breakfast and then pop it back in the fridge. I eat the rest with a cuppa when I get home from work or after my evening meal.

raisedbyguineapigs Sat 27-Jan-18 15:33:39

Sushi what a fab idea! I have the same problem, especially late at night.

trinitybleu Thu 01-Feb-18 18:01:45

Cold chicken thighs smile

MistressPage Thu 01-Feb-18 18:25:50

I sound like a weirdo but I sometimes heat up a tin of mushy peas in the microwave (free)

SellFridges Thu 01-Feb-18 18:32:20

Fruit doesn’t cut it for me as I am often after a savoury hit. Having said that, I had a sliced apple with some primula light to dip it in yesterday and it was lovely.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in