Talk

Advanced search

New to slimming world

(17 Posts)
Gemarch33 Wed 10-Jan-18 10:25:36

Hi I’m new to slimming world and just completed my first week and only lost 1lb 😭 has anybody got any tips ?

Royalcoronation Wed 10-Jan-18 10:27:33

Keep doing it. Fill in your food diary and see what your consultant has written on this weeks when you get it back. Don't give up. Sometimes it takes a while to get going but if you stick to plan you will lose weight.

Eat plenty of speed food. Don't try and cheat yourself. Good luck

icklekid Wed 10-Jan-18 10:29:06

Make sure you read the plan carefully and take 1/3 off the food off your plate and add speed in place not as well. Slimming world works by reducing calories. Track every syn as they can sneak up.

Gemarch33 Wed 10-Jan-18 10:32:42

Thank you
I’m doing it from home as cannot get to group with kids work etc
I joined last year online so have the plan and things
I’ll keep writing everything down !
And get lots of speed in this week too
Maybe Christmas just crept up on me over the week 🙈

GoldenBlue Wed 10-Jan-18 11:20:45

Yes speed is the key. For example if you add loads of speed to your spag Bol whilst cooking don't count that as part of your 3rd of a plate, put the veg on the plate before adding spaghetti and the sauce.

Make sure you reach for free food/speed food if hungry,

Make sure you're eating enough protein to stop you feeling hungry x

Flutterby81 Wed 10-Jan-18 11:23:55

Nothing to add to the great advice above just wanted to say good luck I am also doing it from home smile

Gemarch33 Wed 10-Jan-18 11:50:31

Thanks very much everyone feeling more positive now!
How much exercise do you all do ?

Greenteandchives Wed 10-Jan-18 11:55:39

I ‘only’ lost one lb in my first week. But then I carried on losing a lb, or a half, every week, until I got to my target. After a while it was a bit of a joke. Others lost huge chunks at a time, not me though. It can be like that, but soon you will start to notice the difference. I didn’t believe it would work for me but it has.
Make sure you do the speed thing, and weigh cereal etc.

Groovee Wed 10-Jan-18 13:19:21

Make sure you have having plenty water too.

I didn't exercise until 3 months in and do Burlesque Dancing twice a week.

eosmum Sat 13-Jan-18 11:20:18

I only joined this week, but I'm finding it really difficult to understand. I sat down yesterday to read everything and am more confused than ever. I was trying to work out what syns I had from my food diary and gave up. Hopefully the lady leading the meeting will be help but I didn't really gel with her. I'll give it a couple of week and see.

latedecember1963 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:01:18

I'm a slow loser too, but I prefer that to yo-yo ing back and forth.

There's the thread, Slimming World Support # 1 2018. I joined it in February 2017 and have found the support and advice invaluable. Why not come and join us, especially as you can't get to a regular group.

latedecember1963 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:09:12

Just spotted your post, Eosmum. It might be worth sitting in on the new members introductory talk again, now you've had a go at following the plan. My consultant doesn't mind any of us sitting in for refreshers if we think it will help. There's a lot of information to take in the first time, especially if it's new to you.

demirose87 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:22:05

Hi I'm doing Slimming World too. Can't get to class as I've got four kids at home. I weighed myself last Sunday to see my weight realising I've had three kids in the last 3 years and found out I've put on 4.5 stone since 2014 and 2 stone my last pregnancy ( gave birth in October) going up to 15.7 stone. Takeaways and snacking has saw my weight creep up without me realising as I'm still in size 14 strangely. Looking forward to my first weigh in Monday morning and hoping I won't be disheartened if I haven't lost anything as I have stuck to this so well all week.

Groovee Sat 13-Jan-18 18:19:25

@eosmum can we help you with any questions? Remember your consultant should be there for you too if you are struggling.

eosmum Wed 17-Jan-18 20:34:07

Guys I lost 5.5lbs. Can't actually believe it. It's starting to make some sense now. I got my sister to look at my food diary and she explained it to me. leader wasn't there last night and new leader was better, people were able to ask questions rather than being preached to. I think I'm going to change group. Thanks for the offer of help @Groovee you might be sorry you offered smile

demirose87 Wed 17-Jan-18 21:20:19

I've lost 11 pounds in my first week. Absolutely shocked and made up. It definitely works.

Rufffles Wed 17-Jan-18 21:28:32

You’re already moving in the right direction - woohoo! Every pound helps, so celebrate each and every one.

If there’s one tip I’d give you for Slimming World it’s that some weeks you’ll have surprise results, and it’s important not to get carried away (i.e. too excited or too disheartened, depending on whether they’re losses or gains) by them. As the weeks pass, look at the overall weight loss since you started and the general trend. Don’t get hung up on one individual week’s results.

Keep going, try not to see it as a chore, don’t go hungry, and keep moving!

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now