Talk

Advanced search

Motivation

(40 Posts)
ClimbingCatBells Tue 09-Jan-18 19:22:59

How can I get the motivation to get back on the plan?
I have been trying since the new year.
I can't get to group atm.
Any ideas?

sanasa Tue 09-Jan-18 19:30:12

I started yesterday.
I'm going to try setting little goals. Done a big food shop and meal planning.
I find writing and planning meals helps.
But struggling to see the light at the end.

GoldenBlue Tue 09-Jan-18 19:49:07

Try writing down what you eat before you eat it. That way it's a conscious decision to eat x or y.

Plan your syns in advance so you've got your treats available to look forward to?

Plan snacks, like lean meat, crudités, fruit etc.

ClimbingCatBells Tue 09-Jan-18 22:52:13

Thanks for the replies.I think planning ahead like you said is the way to go.I know that once I get started I really enjoy the food and feel good.Hope you both have a good week.

ClimbingCatBells Wed 10-Jan-18 13:42:06

I started today,I made a butternut squash and lentil soup which was really nice.Got lots of fruit and veg in too.
I do have a headache which I always get when changing my diet cutting down on sugar hopefully it will go soon.

Groovee Wed 10-Jan-18 15:04:58

I got out the recipe books and planned my meals. Just want to be on plan and get to target now.

sanasa Wed 10-Jan-18 15:16:22

I made soup too. Leek and potato. My first weigh in Thursday!!

Emmageddon Wed 10-Jan-18 15:20:24

Oooh leek and potato soup - I'm going to make a big tureen of it. I love the stuff.

ClimbingCatBells Wed 10-Jan-18 15:21:38

Good luck for Thursday sanasa let us know how you get on.

ClimbingCatBells Wed 10-Jan-18 15:23:30

Grooves what recipes are you doing this week?

Groovee Wed 10-Jan-18 15:25:59

Did Cajun chicken pasta last night, tonight is burgers, tomorrow is curry, Friday is pork chow mein, Saturday is pasta bake and Sunday is burger in a bowl.

ClimbingCatBells Wed 10-Jan-18 15:37:38

Sounds good Groovee

GoldenBlue Wed 10-Jan-18 19:16:13

I've done pasta bake with a new idea of a cottage cheese topping, fingers crossed it works....

ClimbingCatBells Wed 10-Jan-18 20:33:13

Did the cottage cheese top work Goldenblue?
I had a slimming world ready meal steak and red onion with extra veg.
I have never stuck at slimming world in the past ( or most diets)but I really like the thought of not calorie counting or going hungry.
What does everyone use their syns on? I had a toasted teacake couldn't believe it was 10 syns plus the marg I should have checked before I ate it I would have had a flake instead.It's ok to have 15 syns a day isn't it?

Groovee Wed 10-Jan-18 20:34:56

Yep 5-15 syns a day. I tend to have popcorn at 2.5 syns. Then jelly at 1.5 syns. Crisps or chocolate.

Testarossa1 Wed 10-Jan-18 21:35:13

I started Monday and have worked out a whole week of meals. I decided to plan so I know what we're having when I get home. I've just make a fakeaway pizza for my tea tomorrow. Base made from grated, steamed cauliflower and an egg, baked and have topped it with lots of veg and a little bit of reduced fat cheese. It makes it 3.5syns. Just needs popping in the oven for 10 mins. No idea what'll it taste like, but thought I'd try. Seems easier if I know what I'm coming home too and don't have to think about it when I get in.

GoldenBlue Wed 10-Jan-18 23:02:11

Actually the cottage cheese topping wasn't bad, it did taste cheesy and my OH didn't reject it which is a good indicator.

How was the cauliflower? I think the pizza top chicken looks good but I'm a sucker for melted cheese with tomato smile

Testarossa1 Thu 11-Jan-18 13:03:40

Having the cauli pizza for tea tonight, will report back if it was nice or rank!! Tomorrow night is chi ken and cauli curry.....

Testarossa1 Thu 11-Jan-18 19:12:09

Back to report on cauliflower crust pizza!! A success! I really like it, taste a bit different to a dough pizza, but not much. I had to eat it with a knife and fork, it held together pretty well, but not to the point of being able to pick it up. So nice to have that tomato and melted cheese combo without all the high fats. Definitely going to do it again. If anyone wants to try, this is how I did it,
I used half a cauliflower, blitzed it in food processor. Microwaved for 7 mins. Let it cool, and then mixed it with a beaten egg. Spread it on a baking sheet into a rough circle, (put greaseproof paper on the tray) spray with frylight. Bake at 200 for about 20 mins, until golden and just. Set. I used passata, ham, veg and a little bit of syned cheese. Cook for 10-12 mins at 200. All free apart from the cheese. The one thing I would suggest, is to put the cooled cauli in a clean tea towel and squeeze most of the water out. I've seen that on another recipe this afternoon, and I think it would probably make the base a little more crispy.

ClimbingCatBells Thu 11-Jan-18 20:20:39

I would like to try the pizza I have made the potato slimming world one before but cauli sounds betterWe have pizzas every Saturday so I won't miss out.Is the recipe online?

ClimbingCatBells Thu 11-Jan-18 20:22:05

Oh just saw the recipe you posted do I have to weigh anything?

Testarossa1 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:23:42

ClimbingCatBells The recipe for cauli crust pizza was in the fakeaway favourites booklet free with the latest slimming world mag. Have typed it below. Hope you like it.

600g cauli florets, finely grated or whizzed in a processor
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Frylight
8 tsps passata
100g baby plum tomatos halved (I used cherry toms)
200g back bacon, fat removed, diced (I used ham)
1 large garlic clov, finely sliced (I omitted this)
1/2 red onion sliced (I used spring onions)
1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
40g reduced fat mozzarella, torn into pieces (I used 20g reduce fat cheddar)

Put grated cauli in a bowl, cover and microwave on high for 7-8 mins u til softened. Leave to cool, (I would suggest putting in a clean tea towel and squeezing out as much water as possible at this point)

Mix in the beaten eggs and season. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and spoon the mixture on and gently pat in to a 10 inch pizza, spray with frylight and bake for 20-25mins at 200 or until golden and just set.

Spread the pasatta over the base and evenly scatter toppings. Bake for 10-12 mins or until veg are tender.

3.5syns as above, or leave out the cheese and its syn free.

sanasa Fri 12-Jan-18 07:47:39

4lb off in 5 days smile
Wanting to gorge on chocolate so bad this morning though.

ClimbingCatBells Fri 12-Jan-18 17:30:08

Thanks for the recipe testarossa will try that.
Wow sanasa that's brilliant!I wondered how you had got on, you have inspired me to stick at it I have lapsed but instead of giving up I am going to carry on.I usually lapse then give up.
How is everyone getting on?I will get weighed on Tuesday.

sanasa Fri 12-Jan-18 17:54:18

Thank you smile
I really need to stick to it this time.
I think how slim I could be now if I stuck to it every time I've quit before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now