Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for packed lunches on SW

(8 Posts)
gottachangethename1 Mon 01-Jan-18 20:39:23

Ideally nothing that smells as I share an office (and I hate tuna!) . I do have access to a microwave too.

OP’s posts: |
Thegrandoldelf Mon 01-Jan-18 20:43:09

I'm about to re-start doing Slimming World - did it last year, lost a stone, got lazy and started eating chocolate / cake / cheese etc like it was going out of fashion amd unsurprisingly put it all back on again... Things I found that worked well were taking in leftovers from dinner and fritatas.

gottachangethename1 Mon 01-Jan-18 20:58:38

I never have leftoversblush think I’ll need to make bigger portions and use the remainder.

OP’s posts: |
Yukbuck Mon 01-Jan-18 21:17:42

Do you like soup? My plan is to make a homemade soup on Sunday evenings and take it for lunch through the week. Not sure if it'll keep til Friday though.

ALemonyPea Mon 01-Jan-18 21:22:28

Bento box with protein (ham/boiled eggs/chicken), pre cut fruit and veg, cubes of cheese for your A choice, something with a small syn value but a treat (hula hoop pucks are 3.5, sensations poppadoms 3, propercorn salted 2)

Homemade soup in a flask

Pasta salad

DozyDoates Mon 01-Jan-18 21:30:54

Soup is a great option, especially in the winter, and easy to make a big batch and freeze. I also used to batch cook a load of jacket spuds and take them in with various toppings (reheat in microwave).

froggybiby Mon 01-Jan-18 21:41:27

I often make big bowl of soup in the winter. I love the chunky ham & bean soup. It is very filling. Otherwise ham & mushroom are very filling. There is also a lovely quiche you can make with fat free cottage cheese and whatever filling takes your fancy. Accompany it with a big salad / speed food.

PlaymobilPirate Mon 01-Jan-18 21:48:02

I work 4 days. I buy a bag of Tesco 'butternut squash, sweet potato and chilli' soup mix on a Sunday... chuck in a load of lentils and a stock cube. Blitz and refridgerate / freeze in 4 pots. Eat with scandi bran to dip (took some getting used to - quite like it now and can't bloody get it in group anymore)

I make 4 pots of overnight oats at the same time. Repetitive but I make sure I have a nice tea to look forward to 😁

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in