Talk

Advanced search

Family friendly Slimming world dinners (on a budget)

(6 Posts)
00alwaysbusymum Fri 29-Dec-17 19:38:30

I'm determined to start SlimmingWorld in jan, but want to make some new meals that are more family friendly - I have a 3, 5 & 8 year old (5 yr old is a complete fuss pot )

We already eat staples of spag Bol, chicken & potatoes, chicken & rice, they like a mild curry (korma) but I usually use a jar for this, they love sausages

Can people help with suggestions / recipes

Like a lot of people we need to budget a lot more this year so can't afford to spend tons on food,

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
GoldenBlue Fri 29-Dec-17 20:08:08

There a some low syns sausages, a slimming world grill up is great.

Spag Bol, chilli etc all great and cost effective.

Eggs are brilliant, loads of omelettes, slimming world quiche etc.

Chips and roasties done with fry light, I love butternut squash instead

Mostly normal meals but with loads of veg

smilingeyes79 Sat 30-Dec-17 14:38:05

Mayflower curry sauce ... b & m £1. Powder you mix with water to make curry sauce, amazing! And only 3 syns per 28g. I double up and make enough for 2 of us and lunches next day.

Saladd0dger Sat 30-Dec-17 14:44:37

Ham egg and chips
Stir fry’s
Fried rices
Jacket potatoes
Beef stew
Fanta Chicken
Veg frittata

Nobody else will eat my slimming world food. Pinch of nom website has loads of lovely recipes

Testarossa1 Tue 02-Jan-18 10:10:36

There's a recipe in this month's mag for a Korma style curry using pureed cauliflower instead of cream. Plus a free booklet of sw versions of takeaway good. There's a recipe in there for a pizza using cauliflower with egg as the base, I'm going to try both. Who knew a humble cauli was so versatile!

Groovee Tue 02-Jan-18 10:50:21

Cajun chicken pasta is a firm favourite in our house. Paprika pork and Nacho Style Feast too.

I get 5% mince from Iceland as it's frozen and I like the chicken strips which are already cooked too.

Chicken noodle soup is a quick easy recipe to use.

I find pinch of nom good for budget recipes.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in