Talk

Advanced search

New syns values for pasta and noodles?

(12 Posts)
weeonion Tue 12-Dec-17 19:24:25

Hi folks. Have any of you had a message from yr sw leader to say that pasta and noodles had been evaluated and sync values changed? Plain pasta and noodles remains free but things like mug shots / packets of pasta not sauce now have syns?

ChessieFL Tue 12-Dec-17 19:27:08

I haven’t seen or heard anything about this.

sadeyedladyofthelowlands63 Tue 12-Dec-17 19:33:06

Our consultant posted about it on Facebook earlier today. Snack pots and packets will now have a syn value (ranging from half to 3 syns).

Groovee Tue 12-Dec-17 20:21:13

All of the free mugshots, pasta in sauces, super noodles and baked noodles now have syns

OwlinaTree Tue 12-Dec-17 21:36:43

My favourite one is 2 syns now, not too bad but not as good as free!

katmunchkin Tue 12-Dec-17 22:09:27

I don't understand how if the recipe is still the same, how they will suddenly start counting towards the daily syns and therefore in theory slow down weight loss, when yesterday they didn't... have they changed the benchmark, or maybe they have their own pasta pot due out which they want to say is better...

Groovee Wed 13-Dec-17 06:43:06

This was what our consultant posted.

Raisedbyguineapigs Sat 16-Dec-17 17:55:57

My consultant said they had re evaluated how filling they were compared to just normal pasta. Not sure how true that is. But I think if they are encouraging people to do more home cooking, taking some of the processed food off the free list may be a good idea.

InfiniteSheldon Sat 16-Dec-17 18:14:22

There is hardly any processed food on the Free list it's mainly fruit veg meat fish pulses there is some dairy that is processed and some vegetarian products that are. You can choose to add processed foods that have no Syns or low Syns but the basic plan is to eat the bulk of your foods from the Free Food list.

Raisedbyguineapigs Sun 17-Dec-17 20:21:32

Surely if they have no syns they are free food. Is there a difference? I agree I can only think of all the instant pasta ones and the notorious muller lights though you are right.

InfiniteSheldon Mon 18-Dec-17 07:00:20

There is a subtle difference between Free Foods (listed in your book) and foods that have no syn value If you focus on the Free Foods in your book it's a healthy eating plan, easy to follow and weight falls off. You can eat foods with no syn value but shouldn't rely on them as syn values can change also they are generally processed food so I am only happy to have them occasionally.

Raisedbyguineapigs Mon 18-Dec-17 19:24:29

Oh I didn't realise that! Thats helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now