Talk

Advanced search

Consultant Issue

(13 Posts)
Noodledoodledoo Fri 01-Dec-17 22:08:55

Hi. I started SW back in August, have always felt the consultant has an issue with me. Ignored this week she did everyones weight loss except mine, comments I make always shut down and criticised, on tasting week ask all except me who had bought things in about them and the recipe etc.

I did think I was being paranoid but this week when she did everyone elses weight loss but mine, including the others who had won awards - I got my 1.5 stone award, it has made me wonder.

Would love to switch classes but opted for this one as its the only one locally that works with children etc.

Its just making me hate going along to meetings which I find a huge help, but also makes me feel rubbish each week.

I have a theory its because I had an issue with a friend of hers (discovered with some facebook stalking!) completely unrelated to meeting.

Not sure how to address it. I know I need to go to the meetings to do well - have tried and failed on online before.

00100001 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:09:47

Talk to her

00100001 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:10:53

Just go with facts. Ask her why you didn't get your award etc

Presumably you're paying her, so she needs to step up

Noodledoodledoo Fri 01-Dec-17 22:11:25

I don't find her very approchable, and has a definite clique of members.

jmscp2015 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:12:29

Just go to a different group. It’s easy to transfer and I wouldn’t want to be giving a penny of my money to somebody so petty.

She’s meant to be there to support you, that’s what your paying for.

Find a lovely new group and a lovely new consultant. smile

Noodledoodledoo Fri 01-Dec-17 22:13:31

I am paying her now, for the first 12 weeks I was a NHS referral so wondered if it was that.

I got the award but in a very cursory manner, the other lady getting her 1.5 stone got loads of praise and chat.

Noodledoodledoo Fri 01-Dec-17 22:16:44

As I said sadly all the other local groups don't work time wise, husband not home from work early enough for their start times or clash with my little ones classes in the week. =(

Everyone else has nothing but praise for her and how amazing she is.

qwertyberty Sat 02-Dec-17 00:09:05

Things you could do,if you are assertive enough.
1. If she total ignore your weight loss at the end (just before raffles is done)speak up and say in front of the class that she missed you and has done a few times.
2. Ask to speak to her after the group session by herself. Express your feelings about it.
3. Contact head office/complaints and express your concerns. There is a contact us button on the slimming world page.

Personally I would chat with her and see if that resolves the issue. Give it a month then if she going back to the old ways contact Slimming World. But I would also start speaking up if you are being ignored and also any sly comments she makes address in front of people, by asking what she means by them.
I wouldn't mentioned the friend thing and act shocked if she mentioned it.

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Sat 02-Dec-17 15:26:09

Great advice from qwertyberty: your Consultant sounds very unprofessional, and it's a shame that she is being allowed to affect your enjoyment of group and your progress.

OwlinaTree Sat 02-Dec-17 19:48:57

Some people bring their children to the meetings where I go and no one seems to mind. Would that be an option to get to a different group?

Noodledoodledoo Sun 03-Dec-17 17:59:55

Thanks all - will keep a note of 'issues' and then speak to her. Would love to call her out on it publically but as I said she is loved by everyone else so would not get any support as such.

Sadly the other group I could go to is at 7pm so slap bang at my childrens bedtime (3yr and 1yr old) so would not suit bringing them along - the daytime one locally to me (and different consultant as mine does 4 classes) clashes with my little ones music class.

It's quite bizarre and I do feel I am being a bit paranoid!

Noodledoodledoo Sun 03-Dec-17 18:00:59

There was also another week when the slimmer of the week was awarded to someone who had lost 3 lbs and I had lost 3.5lbs and lost the week before - a fellow member said to me shouldn't that be you and I just shrugged it off!

ShapelyBingoWing Tue 05-Dec-17 10:59:20

Calling her out on things doesn't have to be confrontational...you could just 'cheekily' and pointedly say "oh X, I think you might have missed one" and let her flap to correct it. Or in the case of the slimmer of the week stuff, a disappointed "damn, I thought it might be me this week" should do the trick. But do point it out in front of people. A few flappy moments might just be enough to get her to do what she's paid to do.

If that doesn't work, you need to grow a set of brass balls. Simply ask for a chat at the end of group and state, bold as brass, that you don't feel supported by her and you feel she treats you differently. Give her some examples.

And if it continues past that point tgen you'll need to put a complaint in.

I know youve said you don't find her approachable but you have very few options if you can't switch groups and don't do well on your own. This needs fixing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now