Talk

Advanced search

Can we discuss the Iceland ready meals?

(52 Posts)
XmasFairy86 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:42:29

So, used my free slimming world meal voucher I received in group on Saturday and got myself one. The pasta/ham/pea one. Its not my first meal, I can’t remember which others I’ve had but I don’t think I’m overly sold on them.

I had mine for dinner tonight because I couldn’t be bothered to cook and wanted a hot meal quickly!!!

Is there any ‘nice’ ones?!
Ones you would recommend?
I like having at least one in so I know there’s is a hot meal if I need one

HalfSizeMe Fri 17-Jan-20 15:35:24

The vegetarian lasagne was good, but they stopped doing it

Mummyme87 Fri 17-Jan-20 11:34:59

I must say, I quite like them 🤷🏼‍♀️ Haven’t had any for a while but will stock up on some for work

Lightsabre Thu 16-Jan-20 13:29:56

The new sausage pasta dish wasn't too bad - massive portion.

Groovee Tue 14-Jan-20 19:39:31

I tried the meat feast pasta and the chicken tikka ones last week and they were nice.

ALittleBitConfused1 Tue 14-Jan-20 15:57:13

The burgers are really nice. I didnt mind the minced beef one but I can do that myself and freeze for a 1/4 of the price so am I'm a tight cow I wont buy them.
The curry sauce was rank.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 24-Nov-19 13:49:02

Sw lasagne is rank !!!

As are the chicken and sweet corn sausages

The chicken tikka masala too hot and I love a ctm

I did like the TOM and basil pasta sauce - def worth a tub in the freezer and not making it for spag Bol etc

And loved the chicken risotto

Aldi most are syns sad

I

Catlady49 Fri 22-Nov-19 16:20:32

What I hate about Iceland is that all their chicken either fresh or in Slimming World meals is not from the UK ! The meals are truly disgusting!
I won’t eat chicken from a foreign country, how were the birds farmed?did they suffer?
It beggars belief😡

pamelamargaret Wed 25-Sep-19 12:23:03

will try those then ,may be better than the chicken based ones as the chicken is always tough and tastless.

Rachelover60 Tue 24-Sep-19 19:28:39

I like Iceland's ham and mushroom tagliatelle, spag bol and corned beef hash.

pamelamargaret Tue 24-Sep-19 19:23:08

have tried some of the slimming world meals from iceland,they are all digusting,the thai fish cakes are the worst,one taste and in the bin! have not found a nice ready meal yet,any suggestions?

Adcro Wed 14-Mar-18 14:44:15

I work at Iceland.

The meals are generally seen as "alright", especially if you use them as the basis of a bigger meal and add to it.

The consensus is that they're alright if you need something quick and have got home late from work etc.

alibongo5 Sat 24-Feb-18 23:45:37

I've had a few and been underwhelmed - ok but wouldn't rush to have the m again. Think the curry (chicken tikka??) was the best but not great. Meatballs was really disappointing.

madein1995 Wed 21-Feb-18 01:00:12

I find them hit and miss. The pasta and ham was disgusting - couldn't eat, went straight in the bin. Didn't like the noodles, find the pasta dishes too runny.

I like the curry ones more. I like the thai curry, the paella and the chicken in black bean. The beef lasagna is ok but fussy - I defrost it, pop in oven for half hour, pull out, put cheese on top then put it back in. The paella is my favorite. I do like the beef casserole one and I do my own mash with it. The burgers are OK at a pinch but I rather make my own. As for the chip shop curry - PAH! Unlike any chippy curry I've tasted, and not in a good way. Portion size is good - lasagna I have and serve with veg, some like the paella I find enough for one, the curry/saucy type meals make 2 meals

ScarletPower Mon 19-Feb-18 19:27:34

Aldi's Lamb Rogan Josh is only 1.5 syns, I'd rather buy that than the SW branded meals. I know it isn't syn free but I'd rather spend a couple of syns on something that tastes nice.

screamingskull Mon 19-Feb-18 07:30:45

I quite like them and i've tasted quite a few. Think they are handy to have if you do not have time to prepare, the portion size is decent.

calzone Sun 18-Feb-18 23:08:58

Portions are huge and if they were delicious,they would be fab.

I will buy another sw meal when they invent a syn free chocolate fudge cake.

Fuckit2017 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:30:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrozenMargarita17 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:28:23

@calzone agreed. Bleh !

calzone Sun 18-Feb-18 22:23:17

The beef lasagne is shite.

Groovee Sat 17-Feb-18 21:38:00

I tried the Chinese Banquet Rice one yesterday. It was ok. I would bin the omelette off but the pork was nice and not rubbery like I find the chicken.

Masonbee Sat 17-Feb-18 20:36:00

the ones I've had taste awful. The veggie burgers were dry and the meat burgers looked nasty.
They weren't even quick to cook, which is what I wanted them for. I won't bother trying any more

FrozenMargarita17 Sat 17-Feb-18 19:17:41

I just googled 'I hate the slimming world ready meals' and this thread came up. Honestly I've had the farfalle, the paella, the aromatic noodles and the lasagne. 🤢 they were all awful. They're my go-to meals if my husband wants a takeaway or if I don't have time and it makes me sadder that they're horrid and he's sitting there eating a grand Mac!!

Maggatron Wed 14-Feb-18 15:00:46

Hope to find out soon about the aldi version syns because they are lovely so far I've tried a few and not dissatisfied and big portions too

Cathy52 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:41:13

I really like the beef lasagne. Not sold on the sausages though!!

demirose87 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:06:38

I find them quite watery and bland. The veggie lasagne one was disgusting but I quite like the beef and veg crush, chicken banquet rice and I like the pea and mint soup.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »