Talk

Advanced search

Can we discuss the Iceland ready meals?

(52 Posts)
XmasFairy86 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:42:29

So, used my free slimming world meal voucher I received in group on Saturday and got myself one. The pasta/ham/pea one. Its not my first meal, I can’t remember which others I’ve had but I don’t think I’m overly sold on them.

I had mine for dinner tonight because I couldn’t be bothered to cook and wanted a hot meal quickly!!!

Is there any ‘nice’ ones?!
Ones you would recommend?
I like having at least one in so I know there’s is a hot meal if I need one

namechange2222 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:25:51

Utterly vile. Tastes so far from real food

Scaredofthegym Tue 13-Feb-18 20:03:30

I had the cottage pie one at the weekend and it was lovely. Nice big portion and a lovely sweet potato topping. I was very pleasantly surprised and will def get it again.

demirose87 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:06:38

I find them quite watery and bland. The veggie lasagne one was disgusting but I quite like the beef and veg crush, chicken banquet rice and I like the pea and mint soup.

Cathy52 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:41:13

I really like the beef lasagne. Not sold on the sausages though!!

Maggatron Wed 14-Feb-18 15:00:46

Hope to find out soon about the aldi version syns because they are lovely so far I've tried a few and not dissatisfied and big portions too

FrozenMargarita17 Sat 17-Feb-18 19:17:41

I just googled 'I hate the slimming world ready meals' and this thread came up. Honestly I've had the farfalle, the paella, the aromatic noodles and the lasagne. 🤢 they were all awful. They're my go-to meals if my husband wants a takeaway or if I don't have time and it makes me sadder that they're horrid and he's sitting there eating a grand Mac!!

Masonbee Sat 17-Feb-18 20:36:00

the ones I've had taste awful. The veggie burgers were dry and the meat burgers looked nasty.
They weren't even quick to cook, which is what I wanted them for. I won't bother trying any more

Groovee Sat 17-Feb-18 21:38:00

I tried the Chinese Banquet Rice one yesterday. It was ok. I would bin the omelette off but the pork was nice and not rubbery like I find the chicken.

calzone Sun 18-Feb-18 22:23:17

The beef lasagne is shite.

FrozenMargarita17 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:28:23

@calzone agreed. Bleh !

Fuckit2017 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:30:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

calzone Sun 18-Feb-18 23:08:58

Portions are huge and if they were delicious,they would be fab.

I will buy another sw meal when they invent a syn free chocolate fudge cake.

screamingskull Mon 19-Feb-18 07:30:45

I quite like them and i've tasted quite a few. Think they are handy to have if you do not have time to prepare, the portion size is decent.

ScarletPower Mon 19-Feb-18 19:27:34

Aldi's Lamb Rogan Josh is only 1.5 syns, I'd rather buy that than the SW branded meals. I know it isn't syn free but I'd rather spend a couple of syns on something that tastes nice.

madein1995 Wed 21-Feb-18 01:00:12

I find them hit and miss. The pasta and ham was disgusting - couldn't eat, went straight in the bin. Didn't like the noodles, find the pasta dishes too runny.

I like the curry ones more. I like the thai curry, the paella and the chicken in black bean. The beef lasagna is ok but fussy - I defrost it, pop in oven for half hour, pull out, put cheese on top then put it back in. The paella is my favorite. I do like the beef casserole one and I do my own mash with it. The burgers are OK at a pinch but I rather make my own. As for the chip shop curry - PAH! Unlike any chippy curry I've tasted, and not in a good way. Portion size is good - lasagna I have and serve with veg, some like the paella I find enough for one, the curry/saucy type meals make 2 meals

alibongo5 Sat 24-Feb-18 23:45:37

I've had a few and been underwhelmed - ok but wouldn't rush to have the m again. Think the curry (chicken tikka??) was the best but not great. Meatballs was really disappointing.

Adcro Wed 14-Mar-18 14:44:15

I work at Iceland.

The meals are generally seen as "alright", especially if you use them as the basis of a bigger meal and add to it.

The consensus is that they're alright if you need something quick and have got home late from work etc.

pamelamargaret Tue 24-Sep-19 19:23:08

have tried some of the slimming world meals from iceland,they are all digusting,the thai fish cakes are the worst,one taste and in the bin! have not found a nice ready meal yet,any suggestions?

Rachelover60 Tue 24-Sep-19 19:28:39

I like Iceland's ham and mushroom tagliatelle, spag bol and corned beef hash.

pamelamargaret Wed 25-Sep-19 12:23:03

will try those then ,may be better than the chicken based ones as the chicken is always tough and tastless.

Catlady49 Fri 22-Nov-19 16:20:32

What I hate about Iceland is that all their chicken either fresh or in Slimming World meals is not from the UK ! The meals are truly disgusting!
I won’t eat chicken from a foreign country, how were the birds farmed?did they suffer?
It beggars belief😡

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 24-Nov-19 13:49:02

Sw lasagne is rank !!!

As are the chicken and sweet corn sausages

The chicken tikka masala too hot and I love a ctm

I did like the TOM and basil pasta sauce - def worth a tub in the freezer and not making it for spag Bol etc

And loved the chicken risotto

Aldi most are syns sad

I

ALittleBitConfused1 Tue 14-Jan-20 15:57:13

The burgers are really nice. I didnt mind the minced beef one but I can do that myself and freeze for a 1/4 of the price so am I'm a tight cow I wont buy them.
The curry sauce was rank.

Groovee Tue 14-Jan-20 19:39:31

I tried the meat feast pasta and the chicken tikka ones last week and they were nice.

Lightsabre Thu 16-Jan-20 13:29:56

The new sausage pasta dish wasn't too bad - massive portion.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »