Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight to get pregnant?

(6 Posts)
lunabear1 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:24:07

Hi

Is there anyone who is doing slimming world to increase their chances of having a baby?

DH and I have been ttc for 13 months now and are just starting to go for tests etc and I know if we end up on the IVF route I'll be told I need to lose weight so I'm trying to that now plus I want to be healthier!

Is there anyone in the same boat that wants to buddy up?

LVB22 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:36:53

Hi smile

I’m trying to loose weight and using slimming world, I’ve been going for 3/4 weeks. Not currently trying for a baby but I have a target weight in mind for what I want to be at before I try to get pregnant. Which will hopefully be soon as I’m very broody. Not sure if that’s helpful, but you’re not alone smile

Smilingthru Tue 07-Nov-17 17:52:28

I joined SW for that exact reason! I lost a stone and a half and then fell pregnant! I went back when DD was 16weeks to loose baby weight and still go now DD is 20months! Hoping to keep loosing as TTV no2 now! X

lunabear1 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:39:30

Welcome ladies it's nice to not feel alone! Sadly I get stuck in a rut between comfort eating and knowing I should eat healthy! Have either of you been going to the gym?

LemonSqueezy0 Sat 11-Nov-17 05:30:26

Me! I joined sw (again!) to lose weight so I can have an Op to help fertility... If that doesn't work then it's ivf, so definitely need to lose weight. I'm unlikely to fall naturally, even though I've heard it does happen when people have lost weight and /or improved their diet with SW. Good luck op, happy to chat more

lunabear1 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:30:36

Hey Lemon!

the (again) made me laugh. I must have joined 23902375023745029 times i know it off by heart i just need to stick to it! My husband has joined with me this time and we've been buying the countdowns to keep us going. Lost 3lb today but have another 6 stone to go so seems like a big task.

How are you all getting on with it? How long have you been doing sw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now