Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Frustrated Slimming World newbie!

(7 Posts)
bethanyh Thu 02-Nov-17 10:06:58

Hi guys,

I am 2 weeks in to my Slimming World journey. I lost 3lbs in my first week and maintained this week. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little frustrated with this weeks result after being on plan all week.
I think I just want some reassurance I am not the only one? I am notoriously impatient! Just wondered if anyone had been in the same boat and can think of anything I might be doing wrong? I am running, drinking 3 litres of water a day and love fruit & veg, so getting my speed in isn't a problem.
Does everyone save up their 105 syns for the week?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the rant!
x

Robots1Humans0 Thu 02-Nov-17 10:34:00

Not currently doing slimming world but did it for a couple of years before having kids. I was told not to ‘save syns’ as such, but to enjoy them if I wanted to use them, and if there was a meal or event coming up then to be ‘flexible’ with that days syns if needed? Also found my weigh ins were affected by good old Aunt Flo! Other more active members would often say that doing more exercise seemed to lead to poorer losses- whether that’s a building up of muscle or a conspiracy I have no idea. I would say stick it out with food diaries 4-6weeks and talk to consultant for advice if nothing seems to be working. Good luck for next weigh in!

ShapelyBingoWing Thu 02-Nov-17 10:55:32

I maintain or have a small gain when I'm ovulating. It all evens out over the month so I try not to get annoyed about it.

As mentioned above though, do use your syns. Between 5-15 each day. If you save up your syns for a weekly blow out then you'll likely feel deprived during the week as you go on. And I find, certainly for me, that feeling deprived leads to 'oh fuck it' moments. I can consume a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's and a 12inch takeaway pizza in those moments!

bethanyh Thu 02-Nov-17 11:48:05

Thanks both of you, that's really help.
I am actually due on so that could be a big factor!
I think I concentrate too much on what everyone else is doing, but suppose it works differently for everyone else! I'm going to have some syns in the form of cadburys buttons now!

At least it wasn't a gain this week hey!
xx

Groovee Thu 02-Nov-17 13:45:16

I aim for 5 syns Daily even if I don’t want them, I have been incorporating into my cooking instead.

I don’t save mine as I don’t drink so no need to save up really. If I have a wedding or a meal off plan, I eat flexibly and stay on plan the rest of the week.

latedecember1963 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:55:25

Try not to be too discouraged, although I know it's easier said than done. I lost 5.5in my first week and then maintained for the next 2 weeks. I've had a few maintain weeks along the way since starting in Feb this year but I've lost 1.5 stones. Not a dramatic weight loss, but it's been steady and I feel and look so much better. Still got at least 2 stones to go but I'm not giving myself a deadline.

You've probably not done anything drastically wrong and hopefully you'll see a loss next week.

Auntpetunia2015 Fri 17-Nov-17 06:28:57

I’d say alway use your 15 Syns a day only time I didn’t was when I knew I had an event (boozy night out) then I’d flexi them or make sure I only had the amount for the week.
This early on you may find it’s wAter retention. Perseverance is key and good optimise as much as you can.
I lost 3 .5stone and have stayed at target for 2 years now. It becomes a way of life aster a while.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now