Talk

Advanced search

Help!!

(5 Posts)
LauraJames1 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:48:33

I’m literally at breaking point, I’m so depressed and feel so disgusting.
I can’t seem to get into the right frame of mind and seem to be stuck in this vicious cycle of eat cause I’m fat, fat cause I eat.
I’m currently taking medication for anxiety and it’s throwing my system completely out.
I’m under investigation for Addison’s Disease which has been an on going battle for 8years now 😩
I’m constantly exhausted, constantly in pain and constantly poorly. (Completely fed up with it)
It drives me mental cause I’m not over weight (bmi) but just feel so horrid.
I’m 12st - 5ft 10 and a size 10-12 but feel so insecure and gross at the minute it’s causing issues at home cause I’m questioning my husband 😭 who loves me to bits and would never hurt me.

I attend slimming world but just seem intent on sabotaging my own success by being a greedy cow!
Can anyone give me any quick and easy recipes or meal ideas (family of 5) so I can plan in advance and won’t have any excuses.
Thanks so much in advance xx

Chestervase1 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:55:43

I am sorry you are struggling. I find that I hate to be told what to do and slimming world feels like it is too regimental. Maybe try a Fitbit and keep on track this way. Also I found low carb very good. I check carbs all the time on labels and it is a much simpler way and leave on the shelf anything high. Depending on how active you are try to keep carbs under 50 grams a day, go lower for more weight loss. The Metabolic diet suggests 25 grams but I couldn’t sustain this for longer than 3 weeks but lost 9 lbs. Be kind to yourself if you are unwell.

LauraJames1 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:05:42

Thank you so much for your lovely reply, I’ll try anything at the minute, just struggle sticking with it 😔 x

Groovee Sun 29-Oct-17 13:12:49

Last week’s menu for us was

Turkey burgers (home made) wedges and salad

Spaghetti Bolognese with salad

Chicken Jambalaya

Baked potatoes beans and cheese with salad

Pasta bake

Roast Chicken

Next week

Carvery
Macaroni cheese(i’m at Taster)
Paella
Chicken curry
Gammon steaks
Beef stir fry
Chunkey chilli beef

LauraJames1 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:33:02

Thank you so much, sounds amazing.
I’ll give it a shot this week smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now