Need help getting back on tack(8 Posts)
I went to class at the beginning of the year lost a stone was a lovely 9.6 now back at 10.6
Again clothes don't fit me
My boobs are fat again
And I love food and don't want to have to constantly think about it again please
Help I need to be thin
The occasional treat ! I'm 42 as well so that's hard work as seem to be harder
To loose weight !
Nothing tastes as good as slim feels!
Eat frozen peas like crisps!! I love them.
Learn to eat in a way that keeps the weight off.
Where is it going wrong? Wrong food choices or over eating?
I used to over eat. I can see that now very clearly. I used to have the wrong mindset. Mindset of 'I can eat what I want and not gain weight'. I'm tall so can easily carry an extra stone and stay in same dress size.
I lost 17lbs last year and have kept it off. Was a size 14 and now a 10-12
My eating habits have changed. Although I have always cooked from scratch and love my fruit and veg I now limit the less healthy choices more. So most days I eat maximum of 1 slice of bread. But I have butter and I buy thick bloomer bread (always wholemeal/brown)
Cakes puddings sweets choc crisps I limit
And I always try to have fruit or some other choice but I'm not super strict. I ask myself before I eat - do I really want this. I used to eat just because it was there!
Exercise really helped me lose the weight too. 30 day shred was v helpful. Have stopped doing it now but loved the buzz whilst doing it.
Thanks for the reply it's will power I need but il get there x
Good luck you can do it in also struggling at the moment! Actual meals are all good Injust seem to lose my self control around a treats and snacks need to get myself under control again
You can do it ladies!!! Just keep thinking how good slim feels.
Things that helped me lose and keep it off.
• only buy snack things that I don't love for the dc. No Smokey bacon crisps or galaxy choc!!!
• Each night have a snack/treat planned so you can sit down and enjoy. I used to have it planned then once dc were in bed I'd make a cuppa and really savour my treat. If I was tempted during day I would know I couldn't then have my treat at night.
• For every loss of a lb or more I treated myself to something new to wear. I don't have a lot of money but I shop in charity shops so was affordable and great fun. New wardrobe full of White stuff/Boden/Landsend stuff all charity buys!
• if you have a day/evening where you just want to eat eat eat have pickles/beetroot/frozen peas/cold meat to fill up and then a wee treat. My menstrual cycle really affects my appetite!!
• Do exercise of some sort. 30 day shred had amazing results for me. I also walk (Have dogs) around 3 miles a day too. Even swimming once a week will help! You get that exercise buzz.
• keep a photo of you looking your heaviest somewhere to remind yourself why you are doing this. I have one on my phone and it really motivates me. I look at it and think 'oh my Lord is that me!!!!'
I'm a similar age as you sparkly and initially lost the weight for turning 40
I wanted to feel good about myself for my 40th and I did!
I fell of the wagon last week and felt shit. Realised I don’t want to go back to being over 16st and need to remember that I can have things, just not all in one week!
This is helping me too.....some good advice thanks.
I joined in Feb & had lost 9stone 9lbs....lost every week till 2 weeks ago when put half on & then another half on this week. Fell off the wagon after my daughter's birthday party at the end of half term. I know it's not a lot to put back on but it's the fact my mindset has changed....I didn't think I'd binge on sweets & crisps again but it has been so easy to fall back into bad habits. I have a new life now...Im approaching 50 & life is so much better thsn it was . I CAN'T go back. A big pic of me where I'll see it often is a great idea. Gona print some for the pantry door & put one on my phone. Thank you.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.