Talk

Advanced search

Taking a toddler to a group class?

(7 Posts)
jinglebells123 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:00:15

Hi - I'm currently signed up to the online membership but I'm failing badly - I'm good at making healthy meals but when I'm sitting in front of the tv at night I'll snack.

I'm contemplating switching to a group membership but evenings aren't great for me as I try to go to the gym twice a week plus I have a horse that I ride a couple of days.

There is a class that runs on my day off work but I have my dd with me all day - she's 3 and pretty well behaved but I'm not sure what the ettiquete is with class - are kids allowed as long as they behave? I'd just take my tablet with me and let her watch her cartoons.

Does anyone else do this? Obvliously, I'd check with the consultant first but I'm hoping that because it is a daytime class it would be ok?

MyfatheristheKing Sat 14-Oct-17 23:01:42

They are more than welcome smile sometimes if they have a lot of little kids the consultant might even set up a little colouring area. At least at the ones I’ve been to they have

jinglebells123 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:30:15

Thank you smile

madein1995 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:57:43

They are completely welcome. They get allowed to draw the raffle/munch on tasters and my group is lucky that is has a foyer outside the main hall with sofas etc for the kids - but still in sight of tgeir parents. Crying babies get passed round to give mum a break, we understand toddlers can get a bit restless and its fine. Only twice have i seen a child get told off and both times it was an 11 yo who was taking stuff off littlies/pushing them about and it was nipped in the bud. No one will mind, take along an ipad or a book or a doll/teddy/truck etc and itll be ok

BikeRunSki Sun 15-Oct-17 00:08:40

I used to take dd. She was 1, she played with the 2 other regalur preschoolers who came with their mum/granny.

Groovee Mon 16-Oct-17 19:49:23

We’ve often had under 5’s most are quite good and have something to do such as colouring or a bag of toys or tablet. I’d rather see little ones at class than a mum struggling x

TieGrr Tue 17-Oct-17 10:28:44

I had to bring my little one to the first meeting I attended about a year ago. The consultant made a point of telling me that I was welcome to bring her along any time. I often just brought her with me if I was just weighing in and not staying for the meeting - she always insisted on having a turn on the scales as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now