Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just started...question about healthy extras

(15 Posts)
Sparklemummyx0x0x Fri 13-Oct-17 20:16:14

Hi.
So I started on Thursday. Just getting the hang of it. Had no chocolate or crisps. shock

Now with the healthy extras dairy ‘a’ part, you can have 1 of these per day. So if I only have say 100mls of semi-milk, does that mean I can have a tiny bit of cheese to make up for the milk I haven’t had, or do I just have to have the whole milk allowance as that is the ‘a’ I chose for that day and put the cheese on a syn?

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks.

Riversleep Fri 13-Oct-17 20:20:23

I do this, but I don't think you should!! I think you have to have all the 'a'

MaximumVolume Fri 13-Oct-17 20:25:06

You can split your healthy extras between whatever's on the list, yes. You can also syn anything extra. I use most of my syns (what I eat, nor the whole allowance) on healthy extra A overflow!

Riversleep Sat 14-Oct-17 09:45:13

Oh can you? But how do you know how? Do you do half milk and 15 g cheese for eg? I can't drink milk so have almond milk which is a litre of milk, so I never use it in a day!

AppleKatie Sat 14-Oct-17 09:55:36

You aren't supposed too. I think because on a population level people will screw up the maths and blame SW so they don't endorse it.

That said, if you can add up accurately and you want too - it is something many people do without it affecting their weight loss.

Trills Sat 14-Oct-17 10:01:17

Do it, just make sure you are doing the maths properly and weighing things.

Trills Sat 14-Oct-17 10:05:18

Having 100ml milk and 15g of cheese on Monday, and 100ml milk and 15g of cheese on Tuesday, is THE SAME as having 200ml milk on Monday and 30g cheese on Tuesday.

Most of the "rules" on SW are trying to do one of two things, IMO:
a - make you fill up on low-calorie fruit and veg so you don't eat so much other food (because you are full)
b - protect you from lying to yourself and over-eating without knowing it

AppleKatie Sat 14-Oct-17 11:43:52

C- protect their business from people too stupid to do the maths gaining weight and blaming them.

guiltynetter Sat 14-Oct-17 11:52:44

i follow lots of slimming worlders on instagram who have lost loads of weight and they all seem to do this! they'll have half their healthy extra A on milk and the other half on cheese. it seems to be fine for them.

Sparklemummyx0x0x Sat 14-Oct-17 13:43:42

Thanks everyone for your input.
I think just whilst I’m in my first week I’ll stick to the rules..... but I guess what you’re saying with the 100mls milk and 15g light cheese on 2 consecutive days makes sense.
Wouldn’t it be like some people saving up their whole week syns for a single night out? I heard of people that do this. Though I’m not sure.

AppleKatie Sat 14-Oct-17 14:31:28

No the difference is in calorie consumption. Saving all your syns up is a silly idea.

Geepee71 Sat 14-Oct-17 17:26:36

You can split both your Hex's.
Good luck with it all!

ShapelyBingoWing Sat 14-Oct-17 21:18:32

I'm sure I've read on the website that splitting your healthy extras is completely fine providing you calculate it properly. I don't think I've seen anything trying to put people off doing this at all confused

As a recent starter myself though, do I have to eat my healthy extras? I know there's good stuff in them and that's why we're allowed them but I've been at it about 10 days now and have only eaten both of them in the same day once.

AppleKatie Sat 14-Oct-17 21:25:51

I think you should to ensure there's enough calcium/fibre in your diet.

Also the danger in restricting too much is that it's unsustainable long term.

Groovee Mon 16-Oct-17 19:53:03

My consultant says that she can’t say you can do it but that it’s a member’s choice. I try to do it with things that are easy to split like 125mls of SS milk and 3 laughing cow extra light.

She says that if it affects your losses then she would advise you to stop and see how it goes.

She often recommends having cheese as your HE and synning your milk instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now