Talk

Advanced search

1 weekend of indulgence & I'm back to the very beginning:(

(4 Posts)
JJRJ1002 Mon 17-Jul-17 20:15:39

Hi all

Over the last year and a half I have lost 3 stone. I am very pleased with myself but I find that if I break it for even one day it brings me back right to the start mentally.

It was my partners birthday the other weekend so we had a weekend away and ate and drank lots - I had every intention of getting back on it as soon as our weekend was over but I haven't been able to - I want to eat everything, not even because I'm hungry but just for the sake of eating. I really enjoy food and I always describe it as my drug. If I want something I have to have it. I have no willpower and give into temptation so quickly.

I'm feeling really angry and upset with myself for being so weak.

How do you all stay motivated and not give into temptation?

OP’s posts: |
PlymouthMaid1 Mon 17-Jul-17 20:20:51

Have a look at some pics of yourself before you lost three stone and remind yourself how much better you now feel.

Dragonbait Mon 17-Jul-17 20:26:47

I just say I'm doing it for one day (rather than thinking ahead) and start a food diary. I usually find once I've done 1 day the motivation returns a bit - I'm a scale hopper and one good day after a bad patch usually shows a quick result! Even if you can't get back into it then one day still helps curb the damage. Sometimes I seem to 'need' a break from dieting so I 'allow' myself to indulge but soon start to feel crappy and that helps get me back to it. The fact you've posted this suggests you are close to this - positive thinking - you can do this xx

DreamingofItaly Mon 17-Jul-17 20:28:25

It's not about not being weak and not giving into temptation. It's about a long term change, which it sounds like you've made to lose three stone. Congratulations!

As my SW consultant said (I'm new and rather cynical but 12lb in 6 weeks tells me it works) "you have 21 meals in a week, if you mess up a few, don't worry, make better choices for the next ones".

Have a few SP days and you'll feel much better. You can do this!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in