Talk

Advanced search

Green tea - Good to loose weight?

(5 Posts)
Kimber2 Sun 16-Jul-17 11:37:34

I was told that green tea helps losing weight but still I am the same weight even after a month. How long should I continue it to get proper results.

OP’s posts: |
AdalindSchade Sun 16-Jul-17 11:39:06

Green tea will not help you lose weight.
Reducing your food intake and increasing your calorie output through exercise might.
If you are just drinking green tea and making no other changes you will not lose weight.

Groovee Mon 17-Jul-17 11:54:01

I find green tea makes me less bloated. Have had a lot of gynae problems and it a cup at breakfast has definitely helped with my bloatiness.

twotwofour Mon 17-Jul-17 20:04:25

As adalind said, green tea alone will not help you lose weight. As part of calorie reduction / control it can help - in the sense that drinking green tea is better than drinking sugary drinks or lattes or whatever.

A really, really good green tea will give you a boost and help digestion. But you need the proper stuff - matcha. Don't bother with twinings or pukka or any of that crap. Get some high grade matcha (look on Amazon) and mix 1/4 tsp with a mug of hot water. It doesn't have the nasty bitterness of the cheap brands.

Kimber2 Sun 23-Jul-17 01:13:44

Thanks all for your replies and valued inuts. I decided to start with some Zumba exercise sessions to burn some calories. I hope it works! I really want to loose some weight now. I will not depend entirely on green tea anymore.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in