Talk

Advanced search

rolls of fat

(6 Posts)
qwertyberty Thu 01-Jun-17 16:51:04

I suffer with mental health problems and have tried WW previously and did well but cancelled it because I couldn't cope. I have no motivation and living on processed junk foods. Anyway the other day after my shower I sat in front of the mirror and my towel fell down, all i could see was rolls of fat. I knew I was fat but the mirror situation was a stark realization of my life and how I deal with things.
After several crying sessions I am now considering trying Slimming World but I have some reservations about it, after looking it up online.
The length of the meetings, is it really 90minutes to 2 hours?
Do you have to talk in meetings? I know i would have to stop to get hints and tips but i do struggle in social situations.
Is the plan easy to follow? I know first few weeks might be difficult.
Do you have to say what you lost and what your target is for the following week? I don't want to be target driven, yes, i would love to lose every week but know I will struggle.
Sorry its a lengthy post but any help/information on meetings would be appreciated. Thank You.

PrancingQueen Thu 01-Jun-17 20:56:56

Hi OP,
I joined and went for the first time on Wednesday. My meeting seems friendly but if you don't want to join a group, then they run SW on line - why don't you consider that instead?

PrancingQueen Thu 01-Jun-17 20:58:05

Also, everyone is there for the same reason and it's very supportive!

GoldenBlue Thu 01-Jun-17 20:59:20

No you don't have to talk, just tell the leader before hand and she'll skip over you or just congratulate and move on.

Weighin takes 30 mins or more depending on group size. The actual meeting is normally an hour

Good luck X

Groovee Thu 01-Jun-17 21:16:15

If you don't want to speak in class, tell the consultant. They may just congratulate you on your loss that week or total loss x

qwertyberty Fri 02-Jun-17 08:48:12

Thank you for the replies. I think it will be good if I talk to leader when I get there. Its going to be a challenge but need to do something about my weight. There is only me that can do that or a very skill fat removal surgeon, which I don't want to go down that road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now