Talk

Advanced search

777 challenge

(63 Posts)
Birthdaypartyangstiness Fri 05-May-17 20:17:53

Anyone else trying out 777 challenge?

(7 days of 7xspeed, 7 glasses of water, 7.0 syns)

On day 4 and feel like it's going well, apart from all the trips to the loo. Feeling less bloated. But keep running out of syns and feeling a bit deprived in the evening when I'd usually have some choc shot and fruit or an options.

Plan to press on and see what the loss is at 7 days...

OP’s posts: |
Groovee Sat 06-May-17 06:54:55

I've seen it but the 7 syns would kill me as sometimes I have 9-11 a day.

OwlinaTree Sat 06-May-17 22:56:47

Might try this next week, I weigh in on a Tuesday so maybe I'll start it on Tuesday.

BeeThirtythree Wed 10-May-17 00:21:53

Oh this would be ideal for me this week. Post holiday and indulging in synfull behaviour hehe Need to pull it back...baby spinach? Check, salad? Check...let's do this!

OwlinaTree Wed 10-May-17 10:33:23

Ok I'm in from today. What are we calling a portion of speed? For breakfast I've had a tomato, a field mushroom and a pear, is that 3 lots of speed?
If so, so far I've had
B 3xS, 1xSyn, 1xw.

OwlinaTree Wed 10-May-17 16:19:10

Update adding as I go...
B 3xS, 1xSyn, 1xw.
L 5xS, 2.5Syns, 4xw.

OwlinaTree Wed 10-May-17 19:56:24

@Birthdaypartyangstiness, are you still doing this?! Don't want to do it alone!

Update...
7xS, 2.5Syns, 6xw.

Zazu44 Wed 10-May-17 21:18:34

Can I join too. Have 2 stone to lose - hopefully by Middle of August! I just can't stick to anything so may need a lot of encouragement 🙂

OwlinaTree Wed 10-May-17 21:23:07

Yes of course!
End of day 1
9xS, 7xSyns, 8xw.

OwlinaTree Thu 11-May-17 19:35:02

sad I feel like a right muppet posting on here on my own.

So far day 2
6xS, 1xSyns, 5xw.

Groovee Thu 11-May-17 19:49:09

I can't do just 7 syns @OwlinaTree

orenisthenewblack Thu 11-May-17 19:54:51

This is the first I've heard of 777.

I haven't yet been able to do one day SP even though two HexB's does appeal

OwlinaTree Thu 11-May-17 20:07:52

I'm not sure I can @Groovee!!

Birthdaypartyangstiness Thu 11-May-17 21:15:54

OwlinaTree so sorry, I abandoned you after starting the thread.

So I did 5 days and lost 1lb for each day! I then had a bit of a (unusually) sociable weekend, fell off the wagon. Usual SW this week but I'm going to 777 again next week. It was good, and if I hadn't had a big weekend I'd have carried on.

What I realised was that I did better if I had all my speed portions through the day and saved my syns for treats in the evening. If I didn't have something that felt quite indulgent after tea I felt quite deprived so had to avoid using my syns up on "ordinary" things in the day.

I didn't find fitting the speed in too difficult -tomatoes and cucumber in salad with lunch, some pickles on cottage cheese in ryvita for a snack, an apple, a passion fruit, some veg with dinner.

Ready to go again, think I'll start on Saturday.

My favourite indulgent evening treat:
Fibre One 90 choc brownie microwaved for 15 secs, with strawberries in the side, plus quark with choc shot mixed in and choc shot drizzled over the top. But about 6 of your 7 syns.

OP’s posts: |
OwlinaTree Thu 11-May-17 22:14:17

Thanks for coming back! Wow, a pound for each day you did it!! I'd be amazed with that.

End of day 2
8xS, 7xSyns, 7xw.

Not sure I'm going to stick to it tomorrow as my little boy is in hospital tomorrow for a minor procedure, so will have to play it by ear a bit.

00alwaysbusymum Thu 11-May-17 22:59:11

Hi I've been doing slimming world on line, and never heard of 777, what are 7 speed portions ? What would a normal day look like ?

Thanks smile

BeeThirtythree Fri 12-May-17 03:17:56

Shall we say Saturday to start? Gives time for any speed/syns food shopping and many not at work? I was doing well until stayed at DM and too much temptation!
OP that is worth the 7 syns on it's own the Fibre1 dessert!! Will give it a go!

Aspergallus Fri 12-May-17 07:43:39

Yes, lets go for from Saturday!

Here's a typical day while I did it:

Breakfast -I don't eat breakfast, sorry...
Lunch- crustless quiche, side salad of leaves, tomato, cucumber, chopped peppers, followed by an apple
Snack-ryvita with leerdammer light (HexA and HexB) and pickles, an apple, a passion fruit
Dinner- bolognaise with courgetti spaghetti for more speed
Evening snack- use my syns here e.g. the desert I described above

The night before I made a big bottle of water infused with cucumber and mint.

I think Saturday is a great day to start as I'll have highest resolve at the hardest time instead of resolve wearing off and hitting the weekend.

OwlinaTree Fri 12-May-17 08:07:27

Ok, I'm saying a handfulish of fruit/veg is a portion of speed.

I'm not doing SP though, just making sure lots of speed.

TheImprobableGirl Fri 12-May-17 08:17:41

I'm in! Still sticking to slimming world but haven't been posting on the main thread, going to try 777 from Saturday when I go food shopping!

OwlinaTree Fri 12-May-17 09:53:51

Day 3
2xS, 1xSyns, 1xw.

Aspergallus Fri 12-May-17 17:30:40

I pretty much always do SP without thinking about it. I have PCOS and just don't lose weight with carbs. I stick to rice, small amount of potatoes and generally avoid pasta and bread so not intentionally fully SP but more just how I try to eat for my hormones.

I have been saying a handful of tomatoes =1, handful of chopped cucumber=1, an apple =1 etc, whatever looks like a single portion.

Got a bit of shopping in, got my head in gear and Day 1 of 777 from tomorrow. Will post food daily.

Hello Theelmprobable, the more the merrier!

OwlinaTree Fri 12-May-17 20:18:22

Day 3 update
6xS, 2xSyns, 5xw.

Think i might go over my 7 syns tonight. I'm having a 4 syn dinner or off the freezer as we have been out all afternoon at the hospital as ds was having a minor op. That brings it up to 6, but i really think i might have a sweet something after for my pudding! Dh is having fish and chips so I'm already struggling to resist yummy yummy chip shop chips!

OwlinaTree Fri 12-May-17 23:18:16

Day 3
8xS, 6xSyns, 7xw.

Resisted the chocolate in the end.

Good luck to those starting tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

TheImprobableGirl Sat 13-May-17 07:06:40

Good start, I have woken up and studiously IGNORED the cold pizza in the fridge shock

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in