Talk

Advanced search

When can I expect to go down a dress size?

(11 Posts)
orenisthenewblack Sun 30-Apr-17 15:53:27

I've lost 8.5 lbs in three weeks. I was under 13 stones for the first time in years this morning 😀.

I can see a bit of a difference already, my belly isn't as bloated anymore which is good. I can't wait until I can zip up my size 16 coat! I have a pair of 16 jeans from Marisota, from the shapeology range, since 2015 and haven't been able to wear it, even though I can fit into Asda size 16!

I'm excited to be able to wear size 14 and eventually hopefully into size 12. This is the first time in ten years I have been so motivated and buzzing to be loosing weight.

This is a shit thread with a shit title. Sorry bout that - just talking to myself really.

northerny Sun 30-Apr-17 16:49:01

Well done. smile

I've lost 1st 3lbs and gone from a big 16 to a 14.

I think it takes most people about 10lbs to drop a dress size. This will obviously vary though.

drquin Sun 30-Apr-17 17:19:06

The "10 lbs per dress size" idea really does vary .... so no way to tell when you'll come down a dress size.
I've lost 4 1/2 stone ..... come from an 18/20 to 14/16 at the moment. In theory I should have come 6 dress sizes though .....
So a lot will depend on how you dress .... form-fitting or baggy clothes etc, as well as where the weight is coming off (as it invariably won't come off you where & when you want ;-) )

GoldenBlue Sun 30-Apr-17 18:40:30

In my experience as you lose weight the amount of pounds you need to lose to drop a dress size tend to reduce, I think it's a proportion of body weight thing. I lost about 16-17 pounds for the first dress size and 10 for the most recent one. I've dropped from an 18 to a 10. I've lost 50ib so far.

orenisthenewblack Sun 30-Apr-17 19:47:12

Wow, that's amazing.

I had bought new trousers for work end of March and they were an 18. Those I've already kept as they are too big.

Tfoot75 Sun 30-Apr-17 19:52:11

Impossible to say, I was a size 14/16 at my largest 14.5 stone, and back into size 12 once I got under 12 stone, now just over 11 stone and some size 12 things are loose and some are tight.

Groovee Sun 30-Apr-17 21:30:32

I think it varies. Last time I lost weight 7lb was enough to Show a difference. This time seems to be taking longer. But my body is a completely different shape now.

MumIsRunningAMarathon Sun 30-Apr-17 21:53:21

22 pounds down and still in same waist size work trousers confused

Admittedly they are looser but can't go down a size yet. Lost an inch all over too

happy2bhomely Sun 30-Apr-17 22:00:54

I'm 5ft 9 and weigh 13 stone and wear a size 14.

At 12 stone my 14's are less snug, some too loose.

At 11 stone (my ideal) I'm in a 12 with a 28 inch waist and 42 inch hips.

At 10 stone I'm in a size 10 but lose my boobs completely.

orenisthenewblack Sun 30-Apr-17 22:12:26

Well onwards and downwards. I wish I could wake up a size 12 tomorrow, but hey ho, this is going to be a long journey and I'm going to celebrate every milestone!

Cupoteap Sun 07-May-17 21:00:32

I found when I lost weight previously that it was a long time till I could go down in trousers. I think it was a combo of mine being a bit stretched blush plus you get used to a looser feel. So once you try on a size down they feel a bit tight when before your trousers were probably that tight it's win

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now