Talk

Advanced search

Where do you get your slimming world recipes?

(17 Posts)
SandraIsaidSandra Sun 30-Apr-17 07:23:25

Our group FB page is (literally) 80/90% the same member posting pictures of her meals. No recipes. My friend says her FB group is really useful, recipe ideas etc.
I don't want meals full of quark and sweetener, just good every day recipes.
Are the books worth buying? I remember the WW used to be v. good.

honeylou42 Sun 30-Apr-17 07:27:19

I get most of mine off the slimming world website or magazine. I have never tried a bad one yet, but some of the concoctions people post on FB look horrendous grin

InfiniteSheldon Sun 30-Apr-17 07:32:08

Start posting stuff yourself with recipes (website and app) ? ask her for recipe every time she posts? You don't have to be passive if you start a change others will follow

TheStoatIsStoatallyDifferent Sun 30-Apr-17 07:32:59

I use blogs mainly. Two Chubby Cubs is my favourite

Parker231 Sun 30-Apr-17 07:33:21

pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-cheesy-garlic-bread-slimming-world/

I use pinch of nom for ideas. I did the garlic bread last night but turned it it a pizza by adding mushrooms, red onion and peppers.

Irishal68 Sun 30-Apr-17 19:35:03

Thanks for the pinch of nom recommendation. Really good 👍🏻

Groovee Sun 30-Apr-17 21:31:17

Pinch of Nom
slimming world's own site
Two chubby Cubs

Groovee Sun 30-Apr-17 21:31:46

Oh and slimming eats. I met the lady on a parenting site years ago.

iogo Sun 30-Apr-17 21:33:32

Slimming eats now that I am not in the UK. I have lots of SW books and magazines from when I was. Once you get used to the plan, it's not difficult to 'SW' many recipes. 😊

helenfagain Sun 30-Apr-17 21:36:56

Two chubby cubs is fantastic, but not for the easily offended!

Sophster1978 Sun 30-Apr-17 21:37:19

I have a couple of their books, the curry one is quite good, but I tend to just adapt normal recipes (so spray oil instead of normal etc). Our group fb page sounds very like yours!

MrsMelron Tue 06-Jun-17 21:46:00

Try searching for "slimming world" on Pinterest - loads of recipes come up, and I found it a good way of finding new blogs too. Also, you can tweak most "standard" recipes and either syn them or make them free. Good luck!

honeyrider Tue 06-Jun-17 23:21:40

Pinch of Nom - my favourite
Two Chubby Cubs
The Naked Blondie
Slimming World's own website
I adapt my regular recipes where possible.
Slimming Eats
Slimming World Thinspiration
Slimming World (done from home)
Slimming World Snacks & Treats

NashvilleQueen Tue 06-Jun-17 23:26:35

All of the above have insta pages which are easier to follow that fb etc in my experience

wanderingcloud Thu 08-Jun-17 17:20:38

As above really rate Pinch of Nom and Two Chubby Cubs (been making their syn free houmous four ways this week and it's amazing!) Also, we have tons of back issues of the magazine that are good. I've bought a couple of the books but I don't find they get used as much. The SW life online has good recipes.

madein1995 Mon 12-Jun-17 10:51:20

I like looking on instagram - lots of great ideas
I also use sw magazine and website sometimes
Quite often I make stuff up - I love experimenting. I get a recipe frpm thr bbc or jamie oliver and then make it slimming world friendly - usually by substituting oil for fry light, cream for fromage frais or philadelphia etc. I love experimenting and seeing what I come out with

dcrxcm Tue 13-Jun-17 07:37:21

We normally find the magazine is hit or miss - there will be nothing one issue and four or five recipes in the next. I quite often browse the delicious magazine website or other foodie sites and look under their healthy recipes and adapt accordingly. Sometimes we also get inspiration from TV programmes like eat well for less (there was a kidney bean wrap and a bircher museli last week that are both ripe for a small sw adaptation!). Often search under various hashtags on Instagram like healthyeating, lowcalorie, or whatever other sw users might have tagged their meals as. I avoid searching under sw tags too often as they're often quark and oat combos which I'm also trying to avoid. I find the slimming foodie and slimming eats have really wholesome sw foods and they're both on instagram.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now