Talk

Advanced search

Do you weigh the same at home as you do on SW scales?

(11 Posts)
redpickle Wed 26-Apr-17 07:57:29

Just that really! I find I way 1-2lbs less at SW meetings even though I'm clothed. Hoping my scales are wrong. Both show same losses and gains.

Auspiciouspanda Wed 26-Apr-17 07:59:42

No, my scales weigh me less at home then at meetings

ASDismynormality Wed 26-Apr-17 08:04:06

I'm in an NHS group at the moment. We were weighed last week, about half a pound difference to my home scales. One woman said the NHS scales were 8kg heavier than her slimming world group scales, that's over a stone!

ChessieFL Wed 26-Apr-17 11:58:41

No, sometimes I'm lighter on my own scales, sometimes I'm heavier! I always weigh at home in the same clothes just before I get weighed at SW, so I can compare.

BasinHaircut Wed 26-Apr-17 16:42:00

You have to remember that it's not the actual number that matters, but the change in that number over time. Doesn't matter if you weigh a few pounds heavier on one than the other, provided they both go down at about the same rate.

Unless they are calibrated side by side and you weigh at exactly the same time on each, it's unlikely that 2 sets of scales will ever match completely.

YoureMyWifeNowDave Tue 02-May-17 15:02:02

My home scales weigh me 2-3lbs lighter than the scales in group but I know mine are affected by being moved.

ALemonyPea Wed 03-May-17 20:30:25

I'm half a lb heavier on my home scales, which I'm usually naked when I weigh myself. So SW are perhaps 2lb lighter? I try to keep to the same clothes when I get weighed.

beadyboo Tue 09-May-17 15:13:31

I've just got some Fitbit scales, and they are a good 1lb heavier than the SW ones - I'm thinking of sending them back!!!

dudelooks Tue 09-May-17 19:50:22

My home scales weigh me .75lb heavier than SW scales.

00100001 Fri 12-May-17 11:16:29

I never weigh at home. I know me, and I f i start doing it at home, I'll get a bit obsessed and start weighing daily and messing things up. Once a week is plenty smile

FaithAgain Sun 14-May-17 09:31:17

I'm about 1.5-2lb lighter at home (WW scales ironically!). I only count my weight on the SW weigh in scales as my current weight but my home scales calculate body fat % so I record that too on my Fitbit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now