Talk

Advanced search

SHopping list/store cupboards

(5 Posts)
moleymoley Mon 17-Apr-17 17:56:53

What items are always on your shopping list and in your store cupboard for middle-of-the-week quick go to meals when you haven't planned very well but don't want to go off track...

Ashleigh05182919 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:43:15

I always have salad in, micro veg, cooked chicken pieces, slimming world sausages burgers can always make a meal from something xx

purpleporpoise Wed 19-Apr-17 22:05:10

Frozen berries and muller light for overnight oats
Soup ingredients
Peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, carrots, spring onions, baking and new potatoes
Risotto rice
Veg oxo
Pasta
Bacon medallions
Salmon steaks
Chicken breasts
5% fat mince
Tinned tomatoes

We will have a stir fry, risotto, pasta, of varying types every week. Another favourite is SW lasagne, using butternut squash instead of pasta. There's a potato, onion and bacon bake which is nice. Soup is one night a week. I cook to feed 4 and divide by 3. One for me and DH, the remaining portion is for lunch the next day.
We also have cottage pie, chilli, lasagne, baked potatoes.

I have a few of their cookery books. There also good recipes on pinch of nom and two chubby cubs on Facebook or google them

OwlinaTree Wed 19-Apr-17 22:38:37

Ashleigh I read micro veg and thought of teeny tiny carrots and Pea pods but then I realised you presumably mean veg you put in the microwave!

Ashleigh05182919 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:07:20

Yes lol for microwave... I have it in for my lazy days where I just chuck anything together lol ... I also use slot of pasata make a few meals from that... also Iceland do a beef slice in gravey it's 3 syns but worth having for another quick meal lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now