Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight during pregnancy

(6 Posts)
catg78 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:17:20

Hi, Has anyone lost weight during pregnancy?
I had a daughter a couple of years ago and been trying to lose weight since but only lost a stone. I keep putting off having another one until I lose the baby weight but it's taking too long so wondering whether to bite the bullet and have another one but try and lose at same time (whilst ensuring I eat really healthy!)
To put in perspective I'm about 3 stone overweight so have enough to play with !!
Thanks

Groovester Sat 18-Mar-17 20:19:51

A young woman in my group gave birth this week, weighed in the next day and had lost a stone. Overall she is 10lbs lighter than she was at the start of her pregnancy.

catg78 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:25:02

Oh really, that's so good - that's what I need to do
I've nearly lost a stone with sw but that's since June last year and a few months break in between!
I just don't stick to it week after week so am a bit of a yo yo er!!

Groovester Sun 19-Mar-17 12:39:37

I think you have to be kind to yourself when you're expecting but definitely sensible to be more mindful of what you're eating. Not that I was during either of my pregnancies thus being a member of SW now!

Notreallyhappy Sun 19-Mar-17 17:17:46

If you follow sw principles with 2 of each healthy extras you should be fine.use 10-15 syns and be kind to yourself.

whereareyousleep Mon 20-Mar-17 21:25:07

I only put on weight in the last month so by the time I had DS i weighed a good stone less than before I was pregnant and the lightest I had been for a good few years. Unfortunately hes not really slept since then and he's 4 in a couple of months so I put it all back on plus lots more. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now