Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having headaches while on SW?

(8 Posts)
catlover1987 Fri 10-Mar-17 10:08:53

Hi everyone. This is my 3rd week on slimming world. For the past week or so, I've been getting really bad headaches. They come and go but are there most of the time. I'm wondering whether this could be related to my diet. Has anyone else experienced this after starting SW? Thanks. x

pinknsparkly Fri 10-Mar-17 17:31:08

Have you started drinking diet soft drinks? I know several people who can't tolerate aspartame (which most soft drinks contain). In that case, I've been told that Sainsbury's own brand diet drinks are all aspartame free so maybe try those instead?

Have you cut certain things out of your diet? Some people suffer when they reduce how much sugar and/or caffeine they eat/drink. If that might be the case, then hang on in there and you'll start feeling better for it soon!

For me personally, headaches are usually a sign that I've not been drinking enough, have you changed the amount you're drinking since starting slimming world? I know when I challenge myself to drink only water, what actually happens is that I drink much less fluid over all - and then I suffer for it!!

LavenderRains Sat 11-Mar-17 08:01:07

I had headaches for the first couple of weeks. I put it down to chocolate /sugar withdrawal as I ate so much of itblush
After a couple of weeks it was fine.

TangfasticFanatic Sat 11-Mar-17 23:13:34

I got headaches at the beginning but they only lasted about a week or so, put it down to the decrease in sugar.

GoldenBlue Mon 13-Mar-17 13:38:20

I get them at the beginnibg when my carbs are first lowered, if I don't drink enough, and if I eat anything with real sugar now that I've weened off it

catlover1987 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:29:55

Thanks everyone. Still having them, but less than I was to start with so hopefully soon they'll go away! I find it so hard to drink during the day, so I suspect i'm maybe just getting a bit dehydrated.

brokencrayons Fri 24-Mar-17 09:03:53

My first week I felt awful, really tired and headches. I lost 6lb though! my consultant put it down to sugar withdrawal as I am now drinking 5 pints of water daily. xxx

AmacP Wed 05-Apr-17 22:47:44

I had severe headaches on 3rd 4th week. It does pass. Plenty water. Its just the body craving what its used too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now