Talk

Advanced search

Takeaway help!

(11 Posts)
LurkingQuietly Tue 28-Feb-17 11:44:00

I'm VERY new to SW (as in, signed up online this week), and I've picked a stupid week to start. Pancakes tonight and a prearranged get together tomorrow.

For various reasons DH and I don't really want to tell IL's we're doing slimming world. SIL is overweight and MIL/FIL sabotage her various diets all the time, including "forgetting" to order her choice when we have a takeaway so she has to eat something much worse or go hungry etc.

So, what can I order that's relatively low in syns? Takeaways available are all the usual - Indian, Turkish, Chinese etc. Is there anything at all I can order that won't completely balls up my first week?

Thanks so much.

zoka15 Tue 28-Feb-17 12:56:03

I'd say turkish is very SW friendly. Chicken shish with salad and plain rice or chicken beyti... great selection of grilled meat or fish.

welshweasel Tue 28-Feb-17 12:57:13

I always have chicken dansak and boiled rice. 10.5 syns.

OwlinaTree Tue 28-Feb-17 13:19:34

Chicken in oyster sauce is low.

LurkingQuietly Tue 28-Feb-17 13:26:04

Ah you superstars! Thank you.

Reow Tue 28-Feb-17 13:29:07

Turkish can be very healthy- chicken, rice, salad, stuffed. One leaves.

I'd stay away from Chinese, or Indian curries with creamy sauces. But a dansak or Bhuna should be fine. You could have saag aloo instead of rice?

alwaysthepessimist Tue 28-Feb-17 15:06:41

Tandoori with salad & rice is pretty low too

LurkingQuietly Tue 28-Feb-17 15:39:15

Thank you all. Desperately trying not to mess this up.

Notreallyhappy Tue 28-Feb-17 22:24:23

Keep your syns and don't have your hex be choice until later.

ChessieFL Wed 01-Mar-17 13:47:55

Chicken or beef in black bean sauce from the Chinese is about 8 Syns. Half a portion of egg fried rice is 5 Syns or you could have plain boiled rice which would be free.

LurkingQuietly Wed 01-Mar-17 17:39:50

We're having Turkish and I'll avoid the starters by busying myself with getting everyone sorted, and the main is a sharing platter of lamb shish, chicken shish, chicken wings, lamb chops and ribs so I'll just stick to loads of salad and a bit of chicken. I've only eaten free food (mostly S) all day, no Hex A or Hex B yet so I can sneak a little bit of hallumi, and a piece of the bread. Hope this is all ok! I feel like I'm getting to grips with it a little now.

Thanks all, your help is massively appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now