loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's everyone having for tea?

(19 Posts)
mrslaichaoui Sun 12-Feb-17 16:04:35

I'm having a low syn Roast Chicken Dinner 😋

MyKidsHaveTakenMySanity Sun 12-Feb-17 16:05:54

Simple beef stew. I need to find a way to make it more tasty though. I'm getting bored of the way it is.

emwithme Sun 12-Feb-17 16:14:59

Roast beef, roast potatoes and parsnips, yorkie puds (frozen, 2 syns each), carrots, cabbage, sprouts, and proper gravy (14 syns for a litre, but obviously I don't have the whole litre!)

LavenderRains Sun 12-Feb-17 16:21:13

I've got lamb stew in the oven.*mykids*I chuck everything in! I cheat with caserole veg packs, today I've chucked in some pearl barley, mustard, oxo cubes, stock pot, bit of mint sauce and a glug of red winegrin

jimijack Sun 12-Feb-17 16:24:46

Chicken curry made with mayflower sauce, 4 syns the whole thing between 3 of us and fried rice. Curry in the slow cooker, smells DEVINE..

mrslaichaoui Sun 12-Feb-17 16:31:14

All sounds so good enjoy!!

KanyesVest Sun 12-Feb-17 16:32:12

I was planning roast chicken dinner (the only proper meal everyone eats) but I've been brow beaten into a chippy tea, the only other meal they'll all eat hmm

TooManyButtons Sun 12-Feb-17 16:33:52

MyKids I make an amazing beef in red wine stew, it's 1 syn per portion and full of speed veg. www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/beef-and-red-wine-casserole.aspx

ohmygodyouguys Sun 12-Feb-17 16:38:15

Roast beef, roast potatoes made in the actifry, carrots and a bit of gravy. Probably not enough speed on the plate but I'll have a couple of tangerines after.

Alfieisnoisy Sun 12-Feb-17 16:49:57

We are doing chicken and savoury rice tonight. There will be loads of speed veg on the side too. I pan fry the chicken pieces in water with a stock cube which makes them moist and full of flavour. The rice will have added bacon and peas/sweet corn. Then I will add lots of speed veggies, .

Fruit after with some fat free plain yoghurt. Not sure what fruit yet but if I use berries I will add sweetener.

I will be buying some Mayflower sauce next week as everyone in my group raves about it.

dcrxcm Sun 12-Feb-17 17:26:04

Chubby cubs slow cooker lasagne for us. It's admittedly been in for twice the suggested time so hopefully the pasta is still in their somewhere and hasn't totally disintegrated hmm ....

Drquin Sun 12-Feb-17 17:30:31

Just about to cook the SW lasagne, it's a firm favourite!

Mykids the other option is to use one of the red wine stock pots. Syn free. I use far too many Tesco's own brand.

imsotiredd Sun 12-Feb-17 18:04:23

Steamed rice and veg with Kung po chicken about 5 syns and worth every single one grin

legolammb Sun 12-Feb-17 18:04:30

Roast chicken dinner - served with roast parsnips and potatoes, carrots, green beans, stuffing and gravy.

Going to do leftover chicken in pesto pasta with veg for lunch tomorrow

TooManyButtons Sun 12-Feb-17 18:50:27

I've just had a harissa and lime salmon parcel with coconut rice. I'm really trying to stick to "clean" eating, so am working my way through an amazing cookbook. Some of the recipes are quite syn-heavy but tend to be full of good fats which I'm happy to spend my syns on :-)

Groovee Mon 13-Feb-17 09:31:26

Had roast turkey.

Tonight is Nacho Style Feast. Though my friend calls it nacho fiesta.

legolammb Mon 13-Feb-17 18:59:45

Groovee - let me know what the nachos are like. I was going to make it on Friday but ended up using the mince to do burgers instead as I had a craving for them.

Tonight I'm supposed to have pizza topped chicken but have a migraine coming on so just trying to summon the energy to get off the sofa and cook. Got in from work half an hour ago and just had a little bowl of spicy BNS soup - so handy, going to make sure I've always got some soup in the fridge for after work

Groovee Mon 13-Feb-17 19:38:16

Was gorgeous but the pepper has triggered pain. Would make it without pepper for me x

legolammb Mon 13-Feb-17 19:40:12

Groovee that looks lovely, will definitely give it a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now