Talk

Advanced search

Couscous and quinoa recipes /ideas

(3 Posts)
DanielCraigsUnderpants Wed 08-Feb-17 15:08:16

Hi all

I bought some plain versions of both, with the idea of making up something to take to work and I was wondering if any of you have some easy tasty recipes

Thingymaboob Wed 08-Feb-17 18:36:49

Roasted veg cous
cut up squash (medium) into 2cm cubes approx and put them in oven sprayed with frylight at about 180 degrees with halved and cored red peppers (2/3) on 2nd shelf on different tray. Take out squash in 25 mins but take out half way through (12 mins) to turn pieces. You might need longer if bigger pieces. Take peppers out when skin is blackened. Put peppers in Tupperware in fridge until cooled and peel skin off flesh then cut into strips.
Cut up courgette into 3 cm discs and then quarters and red onion and scatter on tray. Spray with fry light.
Cut up aubergine into discs then cut in half so they look like semi circles. The wider bit I tend to cut into quarters. Put on sprayed tray then spray with fry light and salt. Place in oven for 20-25 mins but keep watchful eye for burning.
Place cous cous in bowl and cover with water / stock and stir. Cover with cling film. I use ratio of 100g cous cous to 100ml water. It comes out on the dry side but when it gets mixed in with veg, it soaks up excess water from veg. If you make a wetter cous cous, it tends to be quite sloppy!
Put all in a bowl and mix. Mine keeps for 3 days in fridge. Mix in cheese if you want. I've tried a lot of combinations but this is the one I've settled on

DanielCraigsUnderpants Thu 09-Feb-17 09:58:35

Thanks Thingy, I'll give it a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now