Talk

Advanced search

Just started but struggling?

(7 Posts)
Cupcakes2014 Tue 07-Feb-17 13:10:18

I've just started slimming world but already struggling. I'm a really fussy eater so I'm struggling with the veg. I'm making myself eat more veg but it's not enough as I should do? I'm also struggling for breakfast and lunch ideas? I'm more of a grazer than 3 meals type of girl?

Groovee Tue 07-Feb-17 15:00:27

For breakfast I have weetabix or overnight oats when working as they fill me up as I cannot eat again until lunch.

On other days I have fruit and yoghurt. I like turkey rashers with heck sausages and beans and mushroom. If I remember I wilt some spinach to add to the mushrooms for speed.

Lunch I tend to have soup. If working a pm shift only I might have the fry up. I sometimes have a mug shot or a pasta n sauce with a salad and added turkey or chicken.

If at work, I've been have a salad with cold meat and lettuce, carrots, pickled onions, gherkins, beetroot and radish.

I have boiled up rice using a stock cube and added in some veg.

What veg do you like?

I did once have a bowl of melon as my speed as my Dd ate all my salad to go with my pasta bake while I was at weigh in. 😂

harderandharder2breathe Tue 07-Feb-17 16:31:17

You can graze just make sure you're grazing on as much speed and protein foods as you can rather than just free or syns

Boiled eggs
Ham
Cooked chicken/turkey
Baked beans

Pear
Apple
Blackberries
Pepper sticks
carrot sticks
cucumber sticks

Free food that's not protein or Speed -
Mullerlight
Quorn meatballs
Spaghetti hoops

And you can snack on babybel or laughing cow as HEXA or alpen light or wholemeal toast as HEXB or think nuts can count as HEXB too?

Drquin Tue 07-Feb-17 16:35:45

I'll be honest, I don't eat the 1/3 plate of veg .... But I've lost 4 1/2 stone, so it's possible. Just keep an eye on portion size of the rest of the meal ..... Logic of the 1/3 is that by default it cuts down how much carbs you have on the plate.

For ideas ..... Take a portion of tonight's dinner for lunch tomorrow. Don't worry about what should be "lunch"!
If you like to graze, what about raw veg ..., I prefer it to cooked.

Neome Tue 07-Feb-17 16:38:25

Which free foods do you like most?

OwlinaTree Tue 07-Feb-17 19:15:51

Make a veg soup and blend it smooth. If you add something like potato or butternut squash it will be nice and thick. Then add something like smoked ham or bacon, will add some flavour.

OhHolyFuck Tue 07-Feb-17 19:29:02

I'm doing it too, what do you like and we'll see if we can cobble together a menu? Have you looked at sw online?

Today I had porridge with berries and chicken pizza (chicken breast bashed out flat, covered in tinned tomatoes and garlic, bit of strong cheese and baked so it's like a pizza) with cabbage and leeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now