Talk

Advanced search

Super quick meals that are very low in salt

(7 Posts)
Heirhelp Thu 02-Feb-17 19:18:22

I am struggling with dinners. DH is veggie and the baby needs low salt. Please can you share your ideas.

toucanplaythatgamee Thu 02-Feb-17 19:29:33

Veggie chilli, bolognese, lasagne (there's lots of sw friendly recipes online), jacket potato with various fillings i.e. Low fat cottage cheese, pizzas using cauliflower base (again lots online). If you make all sauces etc from scratch you can keep an eye on the salt content pretty well. If you have a look on the sw website you may get more ideas - I've found them pretty good for veggie options.

Heirhelp Thu 02-Feb-17 20:12:36

Thanks. I guess I just need to sacrifice my Sundays to cooking so I can freeze food as I am finding cooking from scratch it taking too long.

Groovee Thu 02-Feb-17 20:40:38

A lot of the recipes I do take 30 mins. My favs are paprika Pork, bacom Mushroom and pea pasta. I never add salt to meals as it triggers my reflux

Heirhelp Thu 02-Feb-17 21:32:19

Thanks but things like bacon will be too high in salt. The baby can only have 1g max a day.

alibongo5 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:53:53

Pasta with veggie sauce would only take about 20 minutes. Stir fries with noodles or rice - don't use soy sauce to keep the salt low - again ready in 20 minutes. Egg dishes - omelettes, fritata, risotto. Grilled veggie sausages (Linda McCartney ones are meant to be nice and SW friendly I think.

What sort of thing did you cook before you started SW?

Heirhelp Sun 05-Feb-17 15:37:43

Sorry I was trying to think what we cooked. It is complicated as what I have eaten for the last 6 months was lots of ready meal things eg Tesco finest fish pie, pizza, bird fish sensations with veg and new potatoes but now the baby is eating I need super quick veggie/fish meals that she can eat and are slimming world friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now