Talk

Advanced search

Sw journey number 2

(16 Posts)
Namesarehard Sun 29-Jan-17 14:29:15

Hiya, first time for me to post in this section of the forum.
I went back to sw Friday morning. I joined last year in January but left in February due to the class time and having a baby and two older children with club commitments. Having a husband who works shifts is a nightmare when it comes to things like this.
Anyway, a new class started Friday morning which is perfect for me. Very pleasantly suprised to have only gained 2 lb since I left. I've set my goal for another 21 lb off to finaly get rid of the baby weight. In reality it's chocolate and crisp weight ;-) my baby is 16 months now so can't really use pregnancy as an excuse anymore.

I found the slimming world plan great first time around. But the group is tedious. I tried two different ones and both are as bad as eachother. Think I'll just weigh and leave this time. I didn't find it informative or interesting if I'm honest.

And the "slimmer of the week" thing got me. If you're 15 stone chances are you're going to lose more on the scale than someone's who's. 11 stone. Time and time again I'd see a larger person lose 5 lb and a smaller person lose 3 lb. In my book the one who lose 3 lb has lose more as it's a higher percentage they've lost. Why haven't sw caught up with this yet? Most weeks.ots was the same 1 or 2 people who won it. Fabulous for their motivation but not for everyone else.

Don't get me started on sugar filled muller lights.

I'm just going to go for it and get the last of my weight off and take everything else with a pinch of salt.

Good luck to everyone who's a long time member, new member or returning member. We've got this.

Namesarehard Sun 29-Jan-17 14:32:26

Apologies for the spelling! My phone is shit and mn won't let me edit.

Groovee Sun 29-Jan-17 15:45:24

Welcome and good luck on your journey x

OwlinaTree Sun 29-Jan-17 17:41:17

I don't really begrudge someone with a lot of weight to lose being slimmer of the week. They are still going to be on this journey a lot longer than the person with less to lose.

Namesarehard Sun 29-Jan-17 18:04:33

Thanks Groovee.

I know what you're saying OwlinaTree, but when I went for about 2 months it was always the same 1 or 2 every single week. Both men too. I think it should be shared out a bit more. I wouldn't want it I don't like the fuss, but so many people were pissed off. People were saying it had been going on ages. They should rethink it a bit. Maybe other leaders do it differently. Its much easier for a much heavier person to lose a bit than a lighter person losing say 3lb. And no matter how long it takes someone doesn't change the fact everyone is paying for the same thing. Some people just join before gaining as much weight. Doesn't make their journey worth any less.
I just found the whole group thing boring and repetitive.

davidbrent Sun 29-Jan-17 18:05:40

I have lost 6 stone on Slimming World. Joined it on a whim last year. It's changed my life forever and I've not put a single pound back on. And I cheated the plan almost daily. It's great and does work.

Namesarehard Mon 30-Jan-17 09:38:59

Well done! 6 stone is amazing.
I lost a stone at the beginning of last year but left. I did enjoy the recipies. Only on day 4 now and can already feel a difference.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 30-Jan-17 13:27:02

Remember The Biggest Loser to show? They always used percentage weight loss to balance out that heavier people will lose more although still seemed to be men losing higher percentages. Someone who has 100lbs to lose will still get usually a higher percentage than someone who only has a stone to lose, especially at first. But it would be all too fiddly to work out at group I suppose

I don't go to group, I do it all online.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 30-Jan-17 13:27:19

* tv show not to show

zoka15 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:50:07

Online is a great way to do it. With the help of a website/magazines/forums it really is easy. There is so much help, useful advice and encouragement online.

Namesarehard Mon 30-Jan-17 16:07:11

That's what I'm talking about. That's fair. Gives everyone an even chance. The brand make enough money for a computer app to calculate it all.

wiltedflower28 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:22:11

I've joined slimming world but I'm feeling so bored of it all. I've lost a stone but SO many things need to be synned I'm really starting to lose motivation.

I don't like rice or fruit except melons and pears. Love veg though.

Groovee Tue 31-Jan-17 18:28:26

Wilted I like the pinch of nom site for recipes. Definitely worth meal planning.

Namesarehard Thu 02-Feb-17 10:36:39

My first wi tomorrow morning. I've taken a peek at my scales (I know, I know). Mine say I've lost 2lb. That's good enough for me. I havent got loads to lose and I'm on my period so it's a good result. I'll see what the groups say tomorrow. I checked mine when I got in last week and they are the same. Fingers crossed:-)

Groovee Fri 03-Feb-17 19:42:37

How did you do Nane?

Namesarehard Fri 03-Feb-17 20:09:17

I lost 3.5 lb :-) over the moon. Thanks for asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now