Talk

Advanced search

SP and healthy B (s)

(13 Posts)
Chamonix1 Wed 25-Jan-17 19:28:58

can anyone explain why SP cut back on those starchy veg and bowls of pasta then allow 2 healthy b's.
I've done some SP days this week and lost nothing, I'm thinking this may be down to having bread with breakfast and my soup on the evening ( 4 slices in total).
It felt odd eating so much bread on a diet especially when cutting out potato etc.
Have I been doing it wrong?

Snap8TheCat Wed 25-Jan-17 19:31:25

You still need fibre in your diet. There is lots to choose from aside from bread, maybe look at the other options.

Chamonix1 Wed 25-Jan-17 19:42:15

Thanks, I've just been having a look at some other options and I'm a little confused.
On the list of healthy extra's
Under Alpen Light Cereal bars it has "2 alpen light cereal bars"
The same for ryvieta dark, says 2 then underneath 4.
Anybody know what that's about?

BelafonteRavenclaw Wed 25-Jan-17 20:07:44

I've rejoined recently and questioned the same thing this morning.

OwlinaTree Wed 25-Jan-17 20:27:22

I think it's because you could have 4 calorie wise, but 2 is sufficient to get the required amount of fibre.

Chamonix1 Wed 25-Jan-17 20:35:42

So is an Alpen bar speed food? (s)

Haven't found slimming world confusing until now

OwlinaTree Wed 25-Jan-17 22:37:04

I guess if you have one its not speed but less calories? I don't really know!

LavenderRains Thu 26-Jan-17 06:45:12

I think it means on a 'normal' day you can have 4 ryvita for hexB but if you are doing an SP day you could still have 4 but if you really want to speed things along and have less calories then have 2

A lady at group did a whole week of SP and didn't lose anything confused

Chamonix1 Thu 26-Jan-17 17:21:34

I have to say the SP thing doesn't seem to work for me!
Think I'll keep it simple smile

MrsWOLF1 Thu 26-Jan-17 17:43:47

4 people at group this week did sp ,only one had a loss and not as big as she'd hoped

Chamonix1 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:21:41

Christ doesn't seem to be what it's cracked up to be then

Buttwing Thu 26-Jan-17 20:12:20

All it means is that if you chose two alien lights rather than four you will lose more. It's the speedy choice ie better loss.
Sp works really well if you usually eat loads of carbs. I personally don't like it because I hate the fruit restrictions. I would rather be conscious of how many carbs I'm eating and enjoy the fruit.

zoka15 Sun 29-Jan-17 15:20:49

Buttwing - my understanding of SP is speed & protein. I didn't think carbs are part of it whereas speedy fruit is...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now