Talk

Advanced search

PAT

(5 Posts)
Notagainmun Tue 24-Jan-17 13:31:44

I have recently, and quickly, lost three stone. I have never felt so healthy and energetic! I have almost reached my initial target and am planning to maintain, but I am still a stone and a half over my upper recommend BMI. I look fine at a size fourteen, all my clothes from three years ago fit me and my face, boobs and belly are beginning to show saggy skin despite exercise. I am in my late forties so I don't expect miracles with my skin longing back.

Am I unreasonable to hit my PAT outside of my recommended BMI and would you in my position?

Notagainmun Tue 24-Jan-17 17:39:02

Bump

Sirzy Tue 24-Jan-17 17:40:47

If you are happy where you are then call target. That's the whole point of it being in your control

emwithme Tue 24-Jan-17 17:44:34

My target has me comfortably in a size 12, at a size I can happily maintain (hit it in November and been in range since, including Christmas), that fits my shoulders and the rest of my build thanks Dad

It also gives me a BMI of 27. My doctors are thrilled with my loss (4 stone this time, 7 stone since my heaviest) and have no issues with my BMI being "officially overweight". For me to get to a healthy BMI I would have to lose more than they would be happy for me to do.

dannyglick Tue 24-Jan-17 20:16:55

OP, you could set your initial target as your PAT, then maintain, keep going to group, and see how you get on.
You might decide in time to set a lower target, or you might decide to stay where you are: there's no pressure, and it's your choice.
You've done brilliantly with your weight loss, and obviously feel good about yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now