Talk

Advanced search

PAT

(5 Posts)
Notagainmun Tue 24-Jan-17 13:31:44

I have recently, and quickly, lost three stone. I have never felt so healthy and energetic! I have almost reached my initial target and am planning to maintain, but I am still a stone and a half over my upper recommend BMI. I look fine at a size fourteen, all my clothes from three years ago fit me and my face, boobs and belly are beginning to show saggy skin despite exercise. I am in my late forties so I don't expect miracles with my skin longing back.

Am I unreasonable to hit my PAT outside of my recommended BMI and would you in my position?

OP’s posts: |
Notagainmun Tue 24-Jan-17 17:39:02

Bump

OP’s posts: |
Sirzy Tue 24-Jan-17 17:40:47

If you are happy where you are then call target. That's the whole point of it being in your control

emwithme Tue 24-Jan-17 17:44:34

My target has me comfortably in a size 12, at a size I can happily maintain (hit it in November and been in range since, including Christmas), that fits my shoulders and the rest of my build thanks Dad

It also gives me a BMI of 27. My doctors are thrilled with my loss (4 stone this time, 7 stone since my heaviest) and have no issues with my BMI being "officially overweight". For me to get to a healthy BMI I would have to lose more than they would be happy for me to do.

dannyglick Tue 24-Jan-17 20:16:55

OP, you could set your initial target as your PAT, then maintain, keep going to group, and see how you get on.
You might decide in time to set a lower target, or you might decide to stay where you are: there's no pressure, and it's your choice.
You've done brilliantly with your weight loss, and obviously feel good about yourself.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in