Talk

Advanced search

2 slices of cake and 1 fake away meal later

(9 Posts)
Chamonix1 Sun 22-Jan-17 19:29:16

And I've gained 4lb!!
It was my husbands birthday and I decided that since I've spent 4hrs(+) at the gym this week and not syned since starting slimming world 3 weeks ago that I'd allow myself some cake and a slimming world fake away meal, well I've managed to gain weight.
Feeling low as if I have anything "off plan" this happens.
Anyone else find this? Am I never going to be able to eat out etc with out this happening.
Hoping I've put on 4lb of muscle/ am a little constipated but don't think it's the case

ALemonyPea Sun 22-Jan-17 19:31:00

Have you not your syns at all? Because you should have at least 5-10 a day.

Is that an official WI or the day after?

OwlinaTree Sun 22-Jan-17 19:48:15

Have you really had no syns at all? Wow. When is your weigh in day?

Linda131963 Sun 22-Jan-17 19:51:15

I go to weigh in Saturday morning so if l am going out l tend to go on Saturday ! Was it official weigh in ? Sure it will all even out but it must be frustrating . X

Chamonix1 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:42:29

I haven't had syns, no. Not until this weekend, before this I was doing a very restrictive diet so felt very content eating all the fruit and veg I liked etc, being able to eat 2 slices of bread felt a treat but now I'm more used to eating more I felt ready to introduce some syns- cake was not a great start.

Wasn't official weigh in- that's Tuesday guess I'll hope for a miracle and that it'll all fall off!

OwlinaTree Sun 22-Jan-17 21:02:46

Might be ok by Tuesday. I use syns on things like salad dressing, gravy, sometimes Coconut Milk or curry paste as well as bits of junk. It is OK to use them to enhance meals. I'm still losing every week I go.

tabulahrasa Sun 22-Jan-17 23:04:35

Hang on, you're full of cake and dinner and worried that you've gained today?

Don't weigh yourself!!!! Your weight fluctuates loads within a day, that's why it's weekly weigh ins to show an actual trend rather than just a fluctuation.

Doesn't matter what you eat, you'll be that weight heavier if you weigh straight after it.

Groovee Mon 23-Jan-17 05:52:09

Only weigh yourself on the same scales. That way it will be more accurate. My friend's scales were 8lb difference from her weekly weigh in ones.

dannyglick Mon 23-Jan-17 11:18:49

I don't even own weighing scales, for reasons highlighted by PPs, and rely on my SW weigh-in ( in target, but usually go weekly).
My Consultant advises members to not weigh themselves at home.
And you should be having your 5 -15 syns daily: that's part of the plan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: