Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World

(16 Posts)
LINNYCRANB3RRY Fri 20-Jan-17 14:22:25

Hi

I would love some advise

I started slimming world start of the year at 10 7 lost 2lb to 10 5 and now back at 10 6 eeeeeeek

I am religiously sticking to the 15 points but am worried I may be eating too much, My normal diet is :

2 eggs / 3 slices of ham (Breakfast)
Grapes and a banana for snack
2 slices of bread (My A) / 2 light babybels (My B) and a light laughing cow triangle
weight watchers yogurt for snakc
large JP cut as slimming world chips / 2 chicken breasts or 2 salmon breasts with salad or veg

my 15 sins I will either measure a glass of wine or have a 300 calorie chocolate bar as have been told to divide the carolies by 20

AM I eating TOO much ? why aren't I loosing weight ?

I also exercize twice a week.

Quarksoundslikequack Fri 20-Jan-17 14:26:43

Personally, id ditch the bread, chocolate & alcohol.

However, people's bodies are much much different so what works for one may not work for another.

alibongo5 Fri 20-Jan-17 14:34:08

I would say not enough speed (veg/salads) which you're meant to have with every meal to fill at least a third of your plate. You're not currently having any at all for breakfast and lunch. And maybe ditch one of the chicken breasts/salmon (surely most people would only have one?).

and what size are the slices of bread - HexB is 2 slices of a small loaf not a large one.

Good luck - this week might only have been a blip! if not, keep a food diary and give it to your consultant to have a look at.

empirerecordsrocked Fri 20-Jan-17 14:42:03

2 chicken breasts is a double portion - swap one out for veg. I'd eat more protein for lunch.

alibongo5 Fri 20-Jan-17 14:54:34

Oh and what sort of bread? Only wholemeal counts as a B choice. And I agree with empire that you need protein at lunch.

LINNYCRANB3RRY Fri 20-Jan-17 15:54:40

Thank u everyone. I eat pretty much the sam each day but yes the bread is the whole meal nimble bread.

I appreciate all the comments

MrsB110616 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:32:45

Try the crustless kingsmill bread, you get 3 slices of the wholemeal as a HEXB X

LINNYCRANB3RRY Fri 20-Jan-17 16:45:24

Ok thank you I will

PotatoWaffleCob Fri 20-Jan-17 16:50:47

Stick with it. I did SW years ago and lost loads and have just signed back up to shift the last of my baby weight. First time round I could stick to it 100% and gain a 1lb but then lose 2 or 3lbs the following week. It could be your clothes, period, bloating etc. I have IBS and have to avoid certain foods the day before a weigh in as I'd be full of gas otherwise blush

LINNYCRANB3RRY Fri 20-Jan-17 22:11:11

flowers

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Fri 20-Jan-17 22:57:54

Would also say you need to vary things much more, try experimenting switch your breakfasts around, mix it up and you will hopefully see better losses.

For me I have fruit salad and yogurt ( free) for breakfast, maybe a soup for lunch, then use some syns for tea but mix it up using receipts from magazines / websites like pinch of nom ( and snacks later)

Groovee Sat 21-Jan-17 15:20:32

I find mixing my meals up works.

So one day cereal, another day cooked breakfast and another day fruit and yoghurt.

Lunch may be a salad with cold meat or prawns, soup with fruit salad and yoghurt or noodles or pasta.

Dinner may be chicken fried rice, Paprika Pork, steak with prawns a large salad and some wedges.

My snacks tend to be things like raspberries, apples melon, mango. Occasionally grapes and bananas or blueberries.

Healthy Extras I like cheddar, baby bel lights or laughing cow cheese or milk

Or my B choice may be toast, ryvita fruit crunch with banana on top, normal ryvita, or hifi bars melted in the mircowave and topped with yoghurt or cereals such as overnight oats, weetabix or mini weetabix. The baked oats are nice too.

LINNYCRANB3RRY Sat 21-Jan-17 15:52:44

Thank u

harderandharder2breathe Sat 21-Jan-17 18:06:54

I would say more speed food, you only have it with dinner. Swap grapes/banana for a speed fruit, and have some salad or fruit at lunchtime instead of yogurt. Then only one chicken breast or fish fillet at dinner, fill the space with veg if you need to.

ALemonyPea Sun 22-Jan-17 14:02:48

You need to make sure you're meals include a third of speed foods. Please check your book, they're fruit and veg with an S next to them. Replacing your current other foods with the speed foods, tprather than adding the third will help your weight loss.

Try to snack on S foods rather than free foods as well.

LINNYCRANB3RRY Sun 22-Jan-17 14:18:24

Thank u for all your help I will start again now I think I understand it more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now