Talk

Advanced search

Constipation

(13 Posts)
Groovester Sat 14-Jan-17 19:39:13

Anyone else?

Been on SW since start of November and lost just over 2 stones. Despite being strictly on plan last week I only lost 0.5lbs. It didn't make sense but I've since realised that I've not gone for ages and the last few times have been unsatisfactory to say the least.
I eat tons of fruit and veg and my water intake is ok (could always be better but I do try.)
Anyway, a long preamble to my question. Is there a correlation between SW and constipation?

Thanks

Footle Sat 14-Jan-17 19:41:37

There's certainly a correlation between low carbing and constipation. Some days I have AllBran and flaxseed, other days I have Movicol.

Groovester Sat 14-Jan-17 21:05:43

I've just taken something myself in the hope that it'll get things moving. I used to eat bread as hex b but recently been having the 2 hifi bars instead. I'm thinking this might be the problem.

CherieBabySpliffUp Sat 14-Jan-17 21:08:25

I've been suffering lately so have been having scan bran for breakfast every other day and that seems to do the trick grin

Groovester Sat 14-Jan-17 21:47:37

I've not tried scran bran. Yet!

Groovee Sat 14-Jan-17 21:51:09

I have issues and an on laxitives but last weekend I mentioned feeling sluggish to dh and I have had the same this weekend.

Whattocallbabyboy Sat 14-Jan-17 21:51:30

Try a kiwi or two everyday. Seriously it works!

thisagain Sat 14-Jan-17 21:56:08

I've noticed that this is more of a problem if I have the 2 Hi-fi bars for breakfast rather that Weetabix or Porridge. In theory I would have thought that both gave the necessary fibre so I don't know why. I get a bit paranoid coming up to weigh in day and take either movicol or senokot. You've done well to lose so much weight. I've been going since November and have lost 9lb -- although only have about another 5lb left to go I think.

FrizzBombDelight Sat 14-Jan-17 22:18:42

Has anyone tried psyllium husks? I've ordered some off Amazon and hoping the reviews are true!

Thingymaboob Sat 14-Jan-17 22:35:47

These Turkish tea bags are incredible for constipation, they have senna in them. Swear by them.

MrsMulder Sat 14-Jan-17 22:38:22

I find hi fi bars give me wind too blush there is definitely something in them that messes with my digestion. I have stopped having them now, they are nice though!

Groovester Sat 14-Jan-17 22:49:20

Think I'm gong to revert to toast again instead of the hifis. It's a recent program helm and I think it coincides with omitting bread from my diet. I miss it anyway.

I've lost a lot of weight quickly as I have so much to lose I think. Big fatty fat fat over here...

Some easy ideas to try so thank you everyone.

RememberToSmile1980 Sat 28-Jan-17 17:36:38

Try hot water with lemon - or green tea. I was struggling with constipation as well, but it did the trick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now