Talk

Advanced search

Lunch ideas with no heating up facilities?

(8 Posts)
YerAWizardHarry Fri 13-Jan-17 00:54:29

I started SW this week and go to college 3 days a week where there is nowhere to heat up soup/leftovers. I had a baked potato today but definitely can't afford £5+ for lunch each day I'm in class.

Does anyone have ideas about cold food I can bring with me? I'm not mega keen on salad (I know, I know sad)

Groovee Fri 13-Jan-17 09:27:18

I like rice cold with veggies. Such as carrot, onion, green beans, mushrooms. I usually use a stock cube to flavour.

ChessieFL Fri 13-Jan-17 11:34:18

Take soup in a flask

bingandflop Fri 13-Jan-17 11:40:05

Sometimes in the evening I do pasta and pesto with lots of veg for dinner. I do extra and have some cold for lunch the next day. Or you could use your HEXB for bread and take a sandwich. Cold precooked small boiled potatoes with carrot sticks/other cold veg and tuna or chicken?

thatstoast Fri 13-Jan-17 11:49:58

Cous cous

SugarMiceInTheRain Fri 13-Jan-17 11:54:38

I'd go for soup in a flask in this weather - a really thick, substantial one, like Scotch Broth. I am not a fan of rice salad/ cold pasta/ couscous so this is an area I struggle with in SW. Do you like hard boiled eggs? You could take those or cold chicken, along with some veggie sticks and make your own syn free houmous to avoid the oil/ tahini in shop bought stuff.

Groovee Fri 13-Jan-17 13:45:38

Do you like eggs? If so things like frittata or the crust less quiche would do you x

harderandharder2breathe Fri 13-Jan-17 15:09:16

Ryvita or similar HEXB with low fat cheese spread HEXA plus ham and cucumber

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now