Talk

Advanced search

Work lunches

(4 Posts)
harderandharder2breathe Tue 10-Jan-17 12:58:56

What do you lot have for lunch at work? I have access to a fridge and a microwave (relatively recent thing, last time I did SW we didn't have either) but I'm struggling to think of ideas.

dannyglick Tue 10-Jan-17 14:51:58

A few of my regular lunches/teas at work are:
Salad, either home made or ready prepared, with various meat or tinned tuna.
Leftovers from previous evening's meal, eg curry/ chilli.
Homemade soup (SW recipe).
SW Iceland soup, or the new chilled salads.
Various syn-free or low-syn tins for a quick snack, sometimes with salad,eg Heinz Lentil Curry ,Naked Noodle pots, tin ravioli or spaghetti.
Use HXB for beans on toast.

alibongo5 Wed 11-Jan-17 13:26:45

Agree with danny. Plus scrambled eggs in the microwave are quick to grab in the morning and to cook. I often bring in veg to cook with them to make them more interesting. So this morning I chopped a little onion and chilli, chucked a couple of cubes of frozen spinach on top with some curry powder, microwaved that for a few minutes, added eggs and stirred, nuked it some more, nuked mushrooms separately, served. Quite tasty.

Also, when your oven is on at home, pop in a couple of potatoes and then reheat them in the microwave with beans and a bit of cheese from your HXA allowance. Or you can cook them from scratch in the microwave but the skin isn't so nice. Serve with mixed salad for speed.

Any hm soup which is basically veg and herbs/spices is good too - I batch make and freeze in separate portions so I can just grab it in the morning.

dcrxcm Thu 12-Jan-17 07:46:58

I do as the others in this thread and have recently tried a new one for me - egg 'muffins'. Get a muffin tray and cram in a load of pre-fried/leftover veggies, pour over beaten egg and top with about 5g of cheddar. Bake for 15 and then cool and store in fridge. They last all week - I take two in and have with salad or as a side with soup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now