Talk

Advanced search

Online slimming world

(6 Posts)
Lucielu83 Sun 08-Jan-17 12:59:20

Hi
Looking for à it of advice
I live in France and have been struggling with my weight for sometime. Am looking at trying slimming world online. Tried ww before but got sick of the counting points. SW seems bit better as it's just syncs that you count? Als seems like eat more? Been to brainwashed into avoiding carbs that I think maybe I'm not eating enough of right stuff.... any advice would be great
Thanks smile

FlippertyJibbit Sun 08-Jan-17 13:04:40

I highly recommend Slimming World! It does take a while to "get it" but once you do it's a life changer. I've lost over 5 Stone since May (I have a lot to lose) and am happy to continue.

I also use MyFitnessPal and have a FitBit which encourages and motivates me and have recently started using Instagram to follow lots of SW followers for motivation.

I'd recommend having a look on eBay for the books and maybe having a crack at it yourself as it is quite a box expense for the online membership if you don't get to use a lot of the offerings due to your location. I.e - I'm not sure if the Syn checker would have food listed on there that you buy from your local supermarket in France.

Well done you for making a positive change!

Lucielu83 Sun 08-Jan-17 14:00:44

Awww thanks for taking the time to answer. Really want to make this my year but as you say it's quite a budget. Might try on my own for couple of weeks and then maybe see online after. 🙂

harderandharder2breathe Sun 08-Jan-17 15:00:38

I did slimming world a few years ago and have just started doing it again, both times online. I've noticed there's much more emphasis on protein and fruit and veg this time around which is a good thing for general health as well as weight loss.

I know I'd never stick to any diet where I had to weigh every bite I eat and deny myself another piece of fruit, because having that extra piece of fruit is what's stopping me having chocolate!

The SP plan is low carb, and the website advises it for a boost, but I miss the carbs, so tend to stick to ExtraEasy

Groovee Sun 08-Jan-17 15:57:31

I've started back in the last week since I was a lapsed target member from 2006.

I was worried as the plan has changed and I can't get used to having meat and carbs on my plate but it's been simple to meal plan and I'm finding I'm quite full.

My friend has done online as she couldn't get to classes and lost 3st.

Lucielu83 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:28:06

Well I'm going to try this week, I have an extra easy recipe book with ideas, so will try that and then if need be subscribe online. Need to do something and have heard good things. Also seems to be more about healthy eating rather than diet.... thanks for info guys 👍🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now